Job Vacancy for Product Manager at Mweb in South Africa 2013
Job Title: Product Manager
Tracking Number : JHB_LC_004_WF
Reporting To: Senior Product Manager
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location – Province: Gauteng
Are you an enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in technology and business strategy looking for your next step in Product Management? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager to join our dynamic team in Johannesburg. Be part of shaping MWEB’s strategy around new products and emerging technologies, influence the strategic direction of the business and be exposed to cutting edge technology helping MWEB to remain at the forefront of innovation and service excellence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Delivering product portfolio strategy and specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by customer and market feedback
• Delivery on new product ideas; opportunities for enhancement as well as new business opportunities for MWEB
• Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
• Being responsible for business and product feasibility in relation to business modeling, forecasting sales potential, costing models and target market assessments.
• Effectively managing supplier and customer relations.
• Acting as the business owner and advocate for MWEB Wi-Fi products and services
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Degree in the commercial or technical field.
• Sound knowledge of Internet Service Provider products and services advantageous.
• Experience in a sales and marketing environment advantageous.
• Sound knowledge of Project and Product Management.
• Two to three years experience in Product Management, ISP or Telecommunications industry.
• Proven experience with presentations to Senior Management and external stakeholders.
• Proven previous experience in product implementation and strategy development.
As Product Manager, you will manage the full life cycle of the products within your portfolio; this extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will deliver new products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience, research, global trends as well as your contact and feedback from customers. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with a technical counterpart to define product release requirements and you will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, often working with the sales and support channels. Relationship management will prove critical to your success in this role and effective supplier and customer relationship management is essential.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be given first preference.
Deadline: 26 July 2013