April 2016 Engineering Trainee Opportunity at Sasol in South Africa
Sasol Engineering Jobs for Engineering Trainee April 2016
Sasol careers today:Engineering Trainee Vacancies
The incumbent will be employed into Sasol’s three year graduate development program with the aim to develop the candidate into a well-balanced competent engineer and prepare the candidate for a possible permanent position in Sasol. Position Title: Engineer in Training
Business Unit:UBE: Supply Chain
Organisational Unit:Design Optimisation
Geographical Location: Secunda
Reports to (Job Title):Senior Manager Supply Chain Design Optimisation
Job Type:Three year
The candidate will:
– Utilising theoretical training (under-graduate) in engineering discipline and apply in practice;
– To learn and understand the Sasol value chain (including Operations, Technology (Engineering and Project Management)), its products and applications, test methods and equipment in context of discipline learning.
– To understand the Sasol Operations Standards Framework and to operate within it.
– To learn how to translate theoretical knowledge into practical application that will add business value.
– Support and follow instructions to execute the operation, design, engineering, development and/or modification of processes/equipment (typically Tier 4 or 5 projects) in accordance with sound established engineering principles and standards to satisfy business requirements.
– Data mining and data interpretation
Simulation modelling – Supply chain processes, improvement and optimisation
Experience in Industrial engineering:
– Develop a sound understanding of Industrial engineering generalist knowledge and sound understanding with regards to process equipment (eg. design and safe operation thereof).
– To follow guidance and safely execute tasks to provide accurate and reliable results and solutions for leaders.
– Exposure to and execution under guidance of selected design and execution, commissioning and start-up.
– Develop selected detailed knowledge in defined fields of industrial engineering.
– Develop selected knowledge in technology or functional areas (eg. Fischer-Tropsch/GTL, refinery, chemicals, utilities, supply chain, etc.).
– Support the execution (follow technical instruction to enable) of an engineering scope of work for small multidisciplinary projects (i.e. Tier 4 or 5).
Aware of best practices and able to ensure/maintain compliance in own area:
– Learn to utilise engineering systems, tools and standards (own, local and international) in own work and projects.
– Learn to create, develop and update engineering systems, tools and standards.
– Learn to operate within the Sasol Operations Standards Framework
– Active practising of interpersonal skills required for productive working relationships and to work with others inside and/or outside the organisation (line managers/trainers in operating hubs, SBUs and functions, ECs, etc.) to get work accomplished.
– Critical to this role are to understand the importance of gaining influencing, negotiating, maturity and emotional intelligence skills and actively work on developing it.
– Operate successfully in a diverse (culture, roles, positions and levels, etc.) work environment
– B-Eng (Industrial) Degree
– 0 – 3 years’ experience in field of Industrial engineering
Closing Date: 7 April 2016