May 2016 Bursary Programme at the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC)
Bursary opportunity :Bursary at the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC)
Bursary position : Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) Bursary
we are a national development finance institution set up to promote economic growth and industrial development. We are owned by the South African government under the supervision of the Economic Development Department.
2017 bursary applications are now open at the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC).
The Organization has a bursary programme that assists selected learners who are academically talented but lack financial resources to pursue higher education.
Every year IDC allocates bursaries to deserving students.
The programme focuses mainly on law, commerce, science and engineering and covers tuition, accommodation and books.
The corporation views education as key to growing the country.
Applicants may enrol at any accredited South African University, University of Technology or FET college.
The IDC has been around since 1940 and is a national development finance institution belonging to the government and is designed to promote economic and industrial development.
- South African citizens with a valid ID number residing in the Republic of South Africa and who qualify for admission to a University or University of Technology and TVET (Technical vocational education and training) college, and are not studying with the aid of an employer or bursary.
- Applicants must have grade 12 Maths and Science with a minimum of a B aggregate symbol.
- Applicants already at university must have an average of a C Aggregate Minimum.
- University or University of Technology students who have already successfully completed one or more years will be considered on their Grade 12 and most recent academic results.
- If you are already studying towards a degree course for which you are applying for a bursary, you must have passed all courses for which you have registered at the university for the study period already completed.
- Applications must be for full time studies towards an academic degree at an accredited South African university or university of technology.
- No bursaries are awarded for studies at a college, e.g. (Damelin, Boston, etc) or private university.
Fields of study in which bursaries are awarded have to be directly related to industry, and will only include the following:
- Engineering: BSc Industrial, Chemical, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Mining, Metallurgy, Civil, Analytical Chemistry and Geology. (University of technology level leading to B. Tech).
- Applied Commercial Sciences: Bcom (Accountancy CA), Bcom Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Investment Management, Agriculture and Environmental Science
NB: No bursaries are awarded for fields of study not listed above
Closing date is 30 June 2016.
interested and qualified candidates should apply here