July 2016 -Deck and Engineering Cadet Training Programme at Grindrod
Employment Position : work vacancy at Grindrod July 2016
Jobs opportunity : Deck and Engineering Cadet Training Programme vacancy in South Africa 2016
Grindrod Shipping is accepting applications for all students that have completed S2 Maritime Studies (Not Mechanical Engineering) and wish to enter into a deck cadet or engineering cadet training scheme.
The training scheme will consist out of STCW courses and experiental training on board Unicorn Shipping tanker vessels.
Grindrod is a global business represented in more than 37 countries and is uniquely positioned to service Africa trade flows.
Grindrods business is all about moving cargo byroad, rail, sea and air, providing integrated logistical and specialised services en route.
Applicants must have
- Grade 12 with math, english and science
- Be in possession of a valid passport
- Be a SA citizen
- The ability to swim and float above water
- Good health and a SAMSA eye sight test
- 18 years or older
- Successfully completed two semesters in Maritime Studies from DUT or CPUT, no subjects outstanding.
Applications close on 16 September 2016