Mortimer Harvey – Digital Project Manager Job in Johannesburg, Paulshof, Sandton Nov 2016
Jobs opening : Digital Project Manager Work in South Africa Nov 2016
Recruitment Vacancy : Mortimer Harvey Fresh careers in South Africa Nov 2016
|Location:||Johannesburg, Paulshof, Sandton|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
The digital project manager will be responsible for handling the full project lifecycle on all digital projects in the agency, covering requirement gathering and project documentation to budgetary control and workflow management.
Traffic, copy, client services, production, interactive, finance
Purpose of the role:
To manage every digital brief/job in a professional and efficient manner to ensure that the deliverables are met and the quality of each product being delivered to market is of a superior quality.
Planning and scoping
- To interpret the clients brief and translate this into a set of clearly defined deliverables including comprehensive documentation.
- Validate the brief through a comprehensive understanding of the project requirements, objectives and deadlines.
- Develop and generate documentation for all projects including, but not limited to the following:
- Detailed scope of work.
- Project architecture.
- Functional requirements specification based on the user journey.
- Project plans outlining deliverables, milestones, activities per resource and dependencies.
- Draw up project budgets based on the project scope and resource requirements.
- Check resource availability and book accordingly.
- Use project management best practices throughout the development and production processes.
- Lead and coordinate the planning, execution and delivery of digital projects end to end.
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks amongst team members by understanding the resource requirements and deliverables.
- Understand the implications of changes to the scope in terms of costs, resourcing and deadlines.
- Ensure that the digital team always know exactly what is expected of them and by when.
- Be involved in all stages of the project – effectively planning for both the conceptual and the production phases – as each adheres to tasks, milestones, deliverables and deadlines.
- Manage internal and external resources.
- Determine and liaise with the appropriate departmental head on capacity planning for short-, medium- and long-term projects.
- Ensure that creative and technical quality is upheld throughout the project management process.
- Work closely with all in-house stakeholders.
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to the team.
- Raise red flags and proactively propose production solutions when problems do arise.
- Manage scope to ensure that projects are delivered on time, according to scope, budget and strategy expectations.
- Evaluate all key project deliverables through to the final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and internal client approval.
- Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and implement a revised plan, scope and budget if necessary in a timely manner.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed (image rights, photo releases, competition terms and conditions, etc.)
General finance responsibilities
- Manage the budget on all projects to ensure that profitability is maintained at all times.
- Manage the input of the timesheets of all parties working on a particular job to ensure that appropriate cost recovery is done on all work done.
- Play an essential part of the pitching team around cost estimates.
- Ensure that the client service department recovers all costs and commits to the appropriate timelines to the clients after consulting and agreeing on these timelines with studio.
- If the project falls outside of studio to double as traffic manager on that project or liaise closely with the appropriate traffic manager on the project.
- Strong digital advertising experience.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Take total ownership of projects from start to end.
- Self-motivated and high energy levels.
- Ability to delegate and mange a team.
- Inspires and motivates other to perform well.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and management control under pressure.
- Strong problem solver.
- Adaptability. Adapts to changes in process and environment.
- Manages competing demands.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- An excellent communicator who is able to succinctly convey issues/needs/status of the project at any time to all parties involved.
- Proficient in project management software applications.
- Travel requirement Yes (some local)
Only those with relevant digital agency experience and solid digital project management experience will be considered.
Mortimer Harvey is a full-service, proudly independent, integrated advertising and marketing agency based in Gauteng, South Africa and Cairo, Egypt.
+27 11 996 2833