Cardilogix – Digital Sales Reps – Online/Mobile Vacancy in Johannesburg, North Nov/Dec 2016
Digital Sales Reps – Online/Mobile Employment Position
Cardilogix Career Vacancies in South Africa
Two positions available
Our client a leading publisher, has an opening in the online media (online and mobile) division – thus they are seeking the savvy of highly skilled and seasoned online sales staff to join their existing team.
The following criteria must be met in order for us to consider your application:
- Own reliable transport
- Must have previous online sales experience of minimum four years
- Able to meet targets pre-set and ongoing
- Able to be a team player but also get on with the job at hand without constant supervision
- Must be well presented, able to do presentations at board-room level
- Able to grow the business from strength to strength.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in marketing or advertising with one to two years related experience in the online/mobile advertising environment is preferable.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong sales skills and motivation
- High level of organizational and effective time-management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of the Internet & mobile arena and relevant technical advertising terms
- Be proactive, demonstrate creative initiative and passion for the brands and magazines;
- Be a team player, capable of working with others;
- A professional, able to work fast and effectively under pressure;
- Meets deadlines and be detail oriented;
- Have initiative and a strong work ethic
Duties and/ or tasks:
- Sourcing of new business opportunities by securing online and mobile advertising space and revenue in line with targets set by digital / online producer on a monthly basis.
- Regular and ongoing communication with clients, which includes advertising agencies as well as direct clients and prospective new clients.
- Develop a comprehensive online and mobile advertising offering by preparing concepts and advertising presentation packages relevant to the website’s editorial focus or marketing activities.
- Meet and strive to exceed the monthly advertising targets, or satisfy management that all efforts have been to exceed targets;
- To supply the publisher and producer with weekly reports detailing the advertising situation with respect to the current and following month;
- Working closely with BTL marketing and ATL sales teams to deliver on online/mobile brand extensions of advertising partners. In doing so, prepare advertising “bundles” including magazine space with ATL and BTL teams, to avoid contacting of the same clients or agencies with proposals
- To strive to have all advertisers commit to long term contracts;
- Ensure that all creative’s that require making up are briefed into the production process in the specified time and are approved by the client;
- Get to know the magazines and magazine sales force, and where possible, work with them on through-the-line proposals.
- To build long-term enduring relationships with advertisers and build/maintain a database of online and mobile advertisers
- Work with Digital/Online Producer, ad serving company and web content editors to ensure all production deadlines and requirements are met and that all creative material reaches our production house by the stipulated deadlines;
- To ensure that all Copy Instructions and confirmation letters are in place and that credit checks of all new clients are performed before advertising is placed;
- Strong sales track record
- able to open and close deals
- Watch competitor activity in the market
- Make recommendations
- Build long lasting relationships with clients
- Must be computer literate
- References available
- A diploma or qualifications in sales/marketing would be advantageous.
- Please send a picture with your covering letter and CV to our offices.