Senior Back-End Developer Vacancy in Cape Town, City Bowl and Surrounds Dec 2016
DittoJobs Career opening in South Africa 2016
Jobs opportunity for Senior Back-End Developer in South Africa 2016
|Remuneration:||R35000 – R40000 per month negotiable Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, City Bowl and Surrounds|
DittoJobs (part of DittoMedia) is looking for a senior PHP web developer to help us continue to build our products and services. Together with a team of young, enthusiastic creatives and developers, you will develop new tools, maintain and expand existing services and help improve usability and conversion. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. It’s key that you’re experienced with the Laravel framework. We are currently rebuilding our system in Laravel and experience is a must.
We recently launched a brand new Applicant Tracking System which delivers best in class solutions to professionals all over the world. Our working environment is very important to us. This means no dress-code, no clients, and enough time to produce quality work and apply new technologies.
We require a strong back-end developer who:
- Is driven to produce awesome products/solutions
- Loves solving problems and making things better, stronger and faster
- Can identify both technology- and business opportunities
The ideal candidate is someone who will:
- Develop innovative algorithms for our web applications
- Work on a very fast growing project
- Continuously ship new functionalities and develop deliverables according to requirements
- Develop and run production system in high-availability and high-performance environments
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- You believe that great quality code is the result of team effort. You have a positive attitude toward team Planning, pair programming, TDD and Lean/Agile Practices.
- You feel the drive to always want to optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Experience with MVC PHP frameworks (Laravel, CodeIgniter)
- Experience using Redis, Memcached, Linux (ubuntu), Nginx
- Development of REST APIs
- Understanding of MySQL and relational database design
- Testable code practices.
- Version control (GIT).
- Amazon Web Services
- Sphinx or Elasticsearch
You feel comfortable working within an agile environment that focuses on delivering business value, at a fast pace, in a dynamic fast growing company. The team focuses on building user-centered, modern, mobile, flexible platforms.