Carat – SSA Account Executive Vacancy in Cape Town, Salt River Dec 2016
SSA Account Executive Job position in South Africa Dec 2016
Work opportunity : Carat Latest jobs in South Africa 2016
|Location:||Cape Town, Salt River|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
Who is Carat?
The Carat network is made up of more than 6,500 people in 100 countries worldwide. Its global vision is to redefine media and the way it delivers value to the businesses of our clients. Carat is the global market leader in digital and diversified media solutions. Today, advances in digital technology and changing consumer behaviour have created an era of unprecedented complexity and opportunity for clients. In this new era, Carat is redefining the role of the media agency. Our people understand how media can create business value for clients better than anyone else.
Carat is part of Dentsu Aegis Network, which is the first truly global communications network for the digital age. Through its six global network brands – Carat, iProspect, Isobar, Posterscope, Vizeum and the Dentsu agency brand – and supported by its growing multi-market brands including Amnet, Amplifi, Data2Decisions, Dentsu media, McGarryBowen, Mitchell Communications (PR), psLive and 360i – Dentsu Aegis Network aims to be the global network of choice for clients seeking best-in-class expertise and capabilities in brand, media and digital communications services. Offering a distinctive and innovative range of products and services, Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 110 countries worldwide with over 22,000 dedicated specialists.
This specific role will form a part of the SSA division within Carat Cape Town, servicing a pan-regional African client. Key markets include; Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Cameroon and Nigeria.
The core purpose of the account executive is to:
- Support the account director/account manager within the business unit.
- Take on increasing responsibility for pan-regional coordination and reporting in the team.
- Support the team in analysis of competitor advertising investment, media landscape documents and contribution to the strategic presentation as briefed by the account director or strategist.
- Coordinate and manage a range of specific projects related to the management of the account and pan-regional media opportunities.
- Develop relationships with clients and pan-regional media owners to ensure timely and accurate delivery of all requests.
- Build relationships internally within Carat and the broader DAN group.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the AD or AM in the creation of pan-regional communication and media strategies and assist in implementing these with local markets and pan-regional media owners.
- Understand agency and group structure and when and where to bring in specialists.
- Form relationships with the key clients and pan-regional media owners.
- Coordination of client and ad-hoc requests.
- Managing of day-to-day implementation of pan-regional deals.
- Preparation/coordination of relevant reporting, media landscapes and status reports.
- Preparation/coordination of post campaign analysis of activities.
KPIs outlined as follows:
External relationship management
- Connect credible with clients where necessary.
- Rapid and relevant response to queries.
- Proactive communication – keeping clients up-to-date on key information e.g. deadlines, query feedback.
- Work very closely with our Carat and affiliate agency colleagues in each market to ensure accurate application of pan-regional strategy in planning and consistent reporting. Strong relationship building with these teams is key as they are an extension of our internal account team.
- Collaborate with partner agencies making sure they are up to date on implementation plans and responding to queries and questions, e.g. media plan start dates/creative assets required, etc.
- Support AD in delivering outstanding client service.
- Develop an understanding of the communications planning process.
- Develop an understanding the brand and business objectives.
- Implement efficient admin processes:
- Learn and start taking ownership of key account processes.
- Assist AD or AM in timely management of internal admin processes.
- Assist AD or AM in the management of all key deadlines.
- Be a key go-to person for any queries relating to your portfolio.
- Take responsibility for your own skills and capability in the digital arena, and up-skill to the required standard through training initiatives.
- Take personal responsibility for own development and learning and personal objectives – proactively seeking out new learning opportunities.
- Understand and ‘live’ Carat values and behaviours supporting team to work as ‘one Carat’.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships across own team, Carat and DAN SA/SSA and clients and partner agencies.
- Attend all relevant training and actively use learning to drive performance in the role. Seek out new relevant training and sources of knowledge.
Overall key personal qualities:
- Strong communicator across levels (internal and external), must be confident and considerate in communicating with people whose first language isn’t English.
- Good time and people management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Numerate and analytical.
- Organised with strong attention to detail.
Our values and behaviours:
- Agile – we need to be nimble, quick and flexible; thinking and acting differently.
- Pioneering – being constantly curious, Taking risks to succeed, Passionate about thought leadership.
- Ambitious – going the extra mile, ‘eyes on the prize’, rapid and ruthless focus.
- Responsible – taking ownership, promoting good citizenship, being transparent.
- Collaborative – working together globally to deliver a consistent brand experience, partnering together locally to provide the best client solution.
- Good understanding of all media channels including digital.
- Strong on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good presentation skills.
- Understanding of the African marketplace as a whole and key markets of Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Cameroon and Uganda is a benefit.
- Area: Cape Town .
- Salary bracket: Market-related.
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
Applications close on 15 December 2016.
Send applications to Careers.SouthAfrica@dentsuaegis.com please indicate in your application that you are applying for the above-mentioned position.
Preference will be given to EE candidates.