DQ&A – Junior Media Trader Job Opportunity in South Africa Dec 2016
Junior Media Trader Jobs opening in South Africa Dec 2016
DQ&A Recruitment Vacancies in South Africa Dec 2016
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Location:||Cape Town, CBD|
Global digital marketing specialists DQ&A are looking for a sell side campaign manager to join our team based in the Foreshore, Cape Town.
So, who are we?
We are international specialists with offices in various countries around the globe. Our team is made up of tech-savvy and forward thinking specialists in digital marketing. In our Cape Town office, you will find our industry specialists who work within different realms of the digital marketing space all under one roof.
Why would you want to work for us?
Aside from nice perks such as a stunning view, great coffee and games room, we also have custom personal development plans for our staff, a wealth of international experts to learn from, and an excellent company culture.
Who are we looking for?
Would you flourish working in an international environment? Do you have online experience? Are you solution driven no matter what and thrive on challenges?
No matter what the role, our company hires like-minded people who share our values. These are: think like a customer, work as a team, be quick and proactive, set standards as opposed to just following them, and under promise and over deliver. If this sounds like you, you may well have what it takes to be part of the DQ&A team.
The junior programmatic media trader will be spending our clients’ digital budgets wisely within the real-time bidding (RTB) environment. Media traders are required to know where best to buy inventory/online audiences for clients using demand side platforms and social platforms to ensure that client goals and ROIs are met.
So what is a media trader?
Media traders are responsible for maximising our advertisers’ digital budgets according to their required goals. In more simple words, media traders will be responsible for defining/creating digital RTB strategies, implementing this in demand side platforms (various sophisticated technologies are used) and wisely spending a pre-determined budget – all to ensure client digital goals are reached and that they see a full return on digital investment. You will need to understand how to buy inventory via the technologies at what price and what inventory/audiences/programmatic strategies will be successful of a campaign. This position is one of the few around South Africa and will be a major step in your online career.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in marketing
- Must have a passion for digital marketing and wanting to build a career within the digital space
- Experience in working with an ad server or social platforms
- Experience in management of digital accounts with an ROI focus
- Must know how to work with budgets and allocate them effectively across online media
- Must understand and interpret the strategy and execute this within the applicable platforms
- Ability to work closely with senior team members and consultants to take direction with campaigns
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Very diligent – staying on top of the details
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate complex ideas in a simplified way
- Be passionate, self-motivated, driven and proactive
- Experience working in a media agency and PPC/Adwords/Search
- Experience in an ad server is an advantage
- Experience within Doubleclick Campaign Manager (DCM)
- Experience with working in a DSP/SSP
- Experience within the affiliate/lead generation sector
What you will be doing:
- Employ strategic campaign set up as given by country consultant
- Developing strategy for basic branding or social campaigns
- Working closely with internal and external consultants, account managers and clients to develop and implement programmatic media buying strategies
- Working closely with DCM team to ensure seamless integration with full DC stack clients
- Build and traffic campaigns in DSP platforms including desktop, mobile, FBX, video – platforms are not limited to just one
- Analyse campaign performance and make recommendations for optimisation
- Regular review of performance of campaigns across revenue, performance and pacing
- Ensure campaign delivery against revenue goals and key performance indicators as established with the client and consultants
- Daily reporting and monitoring of campaigns to ensure performance goals and revenue objectives are met
- To ensure best practice RTB techniques are employed at all times
- Proactively seek new opportunities within programmatic space
- Ensure all correct revenues and media costs are reported on a monthly basis
- Ensure all administration is accurate and up-to-date
- Being able to motivate oneself and to continue self-development
Collaboration with client manager:
- Close daily collaboration with country consultant to understand client’s goals and needs, communicating campaign metrics and performance to sales and client as needed
- Campaign performance analysis and presentation to client manager and/or consultant for all campaigns
- First level of troubleshooting and triage on technical and performance related issues
Collaboration with development teams:
- Provide feedback and support to product management based on usage of DQ&A MG proprietary technology platforms to help drive improvements and quality
- Work regularly with R&D team on giving real-time product improving feedback as well as collaborating with them on new campaign optimisation techniques