Datafin Recruitment – Network Engineer Vacancy in South Africa Dec 2016
Job opportunities at Datafin Recruitment in South Africa 2016/2017
Latest Jobs opening for Network Engineer in Johannesburg Dec 2016
|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
A number one tourism company in South Africa is looking fornetwork engineer with five years’ experience in a similar position / environment, service desk experience, thorough Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and technical knowledge of Desktop Operating Systems, Linux Server environments, Routers and Switches, Firewalls and Network Security and VMware Environments.
- To develop, manage and maintain a high-quality Information.
- Technology (IT) and network infrastructure that meets the business requirements and client’s expectations.
- This includes a day to day routine operations and Network solutions to meet the needs and objective of the business. To ensure that Wide, Local Area Networks and Servers are covered.
- Configure Firewalls and other security devices to ensure adherence to the company’s IT Security Policy.
- Ability to find to find strategies that will protect internal users from outside threats that includes viruses, hackers, etc.
- The ability to implement new systems, troubleshoot and repair Network issues.
- Install and configure routers and switches in order to meet the business requirements according to defined standards and best practices.
- Install and configure servers to meet business requirements in accordance with best practices.
- Engineer new solutions with regards to Networks in order to meet the challenges within the business.
- Monitor performance stats and action accordingly.
- Perform 3rd Line support in the event of support structure not being able to achieve goal
- Ability to enforce the best practices and policies for the use of organisational network
- Ensure all infrastructure software and a firmware is up to date.
- Team Educational-share ideas and knowledge.
- Ensure departmental interaction.
- Attendance to company functions and events.
- Build and Maintain multi-level relationships within the company.
- Be an ambassador for the company.
- Managing technological changes.
- Effective development of network solutions.
Living the step-up values:
- Personal accountability
- Commitment to quality
- Empowering our people
- Embrace diversity
- Matric qualification
- Service desk experience
- Five years’ experience in a similar position / environment
- Advanced computer literacy
- Technical knowledge of Windows Server environments
- Technical Knowledge of Linux Server environments
- Technical Knowledge of Desktop Operating Systems
- Thorough Knowledge of Routers and Switches
- Thorough Knowledge of Firewalls and Network Security
- Thorough Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Thorough Knowledge of SQL Servers
- Thorough Knowledge of IP Networks, Layers 1-5
- Thorough Knowledge of VMware Environments
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. DataFin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
087 351 0743