Mille Collines Cape Town – Personal Assistant Vacancy in Cape Town, Zonnebloem Dec 2016
Fresh recruitment for Personal Assistant in South Africa 2016
Jobs opening : Mille Collines Cape Town new careers in South Africa
|Location:||Cape Town, Zonnebloem|
- Mille Collines is an African fashion brand that was established in 2009 in East Africa. We run four stores in Nairobi, an international e-shop and distribute through other international stockists. Over a year ago, the brand moved part of its management and design team to Cape Town to grow the company further in their expansion plans.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The company is currently looking for a personal assistant (PA) to the director based currently in Cape Town. The PA will work closely with the director to provide administrative support that is essential to operations of the company. You will help the director to make the best use of their time by dealing with operational and administrative tasks.
You will get to know key personnel (both external and internal to the company) and understand the organisation’s aims and objectives. The director will rely on the PA trusting that work will be handled efficiently and thoroughly at all times. Discretion and confidentiality are also essential attributes for the role as the PA will from time to time work with sensitive information.
As a PA, you will often act as the director’s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the company.
Tasks will include:
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Screening phone calls, emails, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Liaising and following up with clients, suppliers and other staff members.
- Organising and classifying invoices and tickets for accountants.
- Organising and maintaining the director’s meeting flow and scheduling appointments.
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the director.
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation if needed.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the director is well prepared for them.
- Packing and preparing orders/deliveries for clients or suppliers.
- Three to five years of relevant experience, which will generally have been gained in a more junior secretarial or administrative role.
- Salary and compensation are negotiable depending on experience.
In addition to relevant experience and secretarial and administrative knowledge, you will need to show evidence of the following:
- Passionate about working in creative and fast growing company.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Extremely tidy and organised.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and industry specific software (which you will be trained on).
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and without direct daily managerial supervision.
- Must be honest and reliable.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and adaptable, and capable of juggling a range of different tasks and work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Must use discretion and possess an understanding of dealing with issues of a confidentiality nature.
Mille Collines Cape Town