Transnet Trainee Controller Vacancies in S.Africa( X10) April 2018
Transnet invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Contract Trainee Controller to undergo Operations Training.
The Controller is responsible for the Safe and efficient movement of Petroleum products through the Pipeline network by operating highly specialized equipment in accordance with a scheduled programme/instructions with due cognizance to volume/quality of the product, the safety of personnel, company assets and satisfaction of both internal and external customers
You will undergo Operations Training and be confirmed as a competent Designate Controller after 8 months and after 3 months as a Controller.
- Standard 10/Grade 12 with mathematics and science. Technical qualification will be an advantage.
- Good command of the English language
- Medical assessment will be an inherent requirement of the job.
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Conflict handling
- Composed and be able to handle stressful situations
- Be able to work on own in isolation
- High frustration toleration
- Communicate information as to the risk status of the Depot to relevant role players-Report and document
- Extract info on applicable system relevant to risk status report
- Apply and enforce company and legislation regulation pertaining to risk and see to permits, clothing, restrictions and instructions, monitor separator tanks
- Detect leaks and spillages
- Drain water from bund areas
- Handle Transmixtures/intermixtures
- Communicate relevant information
- Use company operations system and software to control pipeline equipment for handling and control of mixture/intermixture
- Extract and capture information, verify for accuracy and prioritise in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Plan and handle the transmixure/intermixure
- Plan and handle blending and/or tanker loading of intermixture
- Perform minor maintenance
- Plan and perform unscheduled minor maintenance (Test, lubricate and repair)
- Plan and perform scheduled minor maintenance
- Extract and capture information i.r.w. Maintenance
- Launch and receive Pigs and Spheres
- Communicate info as to launching of Pigs and Spheres
- tilise systems and software to perform launching
- Launch P & S according to company policies and procedures (Isolate, drain, opening)
- Perform product metering
- Communicate and use company operating system and control metering equipment
- Extract and capture information
- Check product metering equipment
- Perform shut downs of product movement
- Deal with sub standard conditions and implement corrective action to the shut down of pipelines
- Monitor shut downs of the pipeline
- Extract and capture information
- Perform product quality tests
- Use company product quality test equipment and software
- Inspect and test equipment
- Return or dispose product samples according to policies and procedures
- Determine volume
- Capture tank volumes on the system
- Perform a tank dipping procedure
- Perform product movement start up procedure
- Perform start up utilising company operating procedures and software
- Monitor initial performance of the pipeline equipment and product movement
- Capture relevant information
How To Apply
The closing date is on 12.04.2018. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Click above to view the email address and apply.