April 2018 – Job Vacancy for Senior Reporter in S.Africa
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Industria West|
An opportunity for a Senior Reporter exists within our Editorial Department reporting to the News Editor of The Citizen newspaper.
Purpose of the job:
To cover news events assigned by the News Editor and to write accurate and well-written stories for daily publication.
- Production of accurate and well-written news copy
- Interviewing people in a range of circumstances
- Seeking out and investigating stories via your contacts
- Covering important events/issues timeously
- Use sources, documents, computer-assisted reporting, and other journalistic tools to develop, report and write exclusive/unique stories.
- Work with the News/Deputy Editor in the development of story and project ideas.
- Coordinate with the digital editorial team to create online/multi-media and social media content.
- Do fact checking of all articles you write.
- Adhere to Code of Ethics and Editorial Standards and Practices.
- Establishing a network of contacts
- Ability to work overtime and on weekends
- Monitor electronic news outlets to pick up on news leads and story ideas.
- Working across the different news platforms of The Citizen
- Taking stories forward at any time of the day, on the most appropriate news platform of The Citizen
- Talent for writing coupled with a keen news sense of news
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Ability to work accurately
- Keen interest in reading newspapers
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Journalism
- Relationship-building skills
- Deadline driven
- Five+ years’ writing experience
- People skills
- High degree of professional Journalistic conduct
- Copy tasting
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Social media
Ability to communicate and post on news events via multiple social media platforms
- Accuracy, speed and balance
- Valid drivers licence a must
- Own vehicle a must
Preference will be given to individuals who will add to the diversity of the organisation.
Suitable CV’s to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 25 April 2018
Quote Ref: Snr Reporter
Sharne van Loggerenberg