Trainee Fund Accountant Vacancies at SANNE -S.Africa April 2018
We are seeking a Trainee Fund Accountant, reporting to a Manager within the Debt Division of Sanne, to have responsibility for the preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the accounting of a number of portfolios.
A career with SANNE offers individuals the chance to achieve their highest potential with fantastic progression opportunities for both career and personal development.
We only recruit the highest caliber individuals and because of this, we fully appreciate the importance of promoting opportunities for development and progression across all levels and areas of the business.
As well as our established professional training programme, we offer our people many different types of training and development opportunities across the entire global business which aim to engage, reward and motivate our global employees.
Key responsibilities The role above will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Working with the Manager to ensure the completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of corporate entities to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations and requirements including listing requirements and client reporting;
- Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to the agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual NAV’s, Management accounts and IPD’s;
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements;
- Assisting with cash management and bank payments and
- Responsibility for all bookkeeping of clients in the portfolio.
Skills / experience requirements
- Commerce degree with:
- Financial Accounting 3
- Taxation 1
- Auditing 1 OR Internal Auditing 2 OR Internal Control & code of Ethics
- Corporate Law 1 OR Commercial Law 2
- Management accounting;
- Proficient in MS Excel;
- Structural and detail orientated;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Motivated and driven and
- The financial sector and Fund knowledge will be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Please regard your application for this post as unsuccessful if you have not received notification from us within 14 days.