Vacancy for Group Electrical Supervisor in Durban April 2018
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Pension or Provident Fund|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Reference:||#Group Electrical Sup|
Insights publishing, a division of Independent Media has a vacancy for a Group Electrical Supervisor within the leadership team. The successful incumbent will be responsible for management of electrical machinery and plant, co-ordinating and delegating of all electrical related tasks within production thus ensuring that both primary and supporting business processes achieve maximum quality, productivity and efficiency throughout the Group.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Management of staff and electrical operations
- Oversees all electrical maintenance, fault finding and installations thus ensuring all maintenance faults and installations are done accurately.
- Ensures all breakdowns are attended to timeously.
- Internal and external liaison with customers and suppliers.
- Compliance to Health & Safety Standards.
- Conduct & authorise Certificate of Compliance.
- Perform Administration functions.
- Perform Ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Training and mentoring of staff.
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a relevant N3 qualification.
- Must have served a recognised Apprenticeship and be in possession of Electrical Trade Test Papers.
- Must be in possession of Wireman’s License.
- Have a minimum of 7 years working experience as a Electrician in a production environment with 5 years in managing and leading a team of staff.
- Must have strong working technical knowledge in AC/DC Drives, Fault Finding on Relay Logic, PLC’S.
Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical and strong technical skills
- Project management and Leadership skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Be customer service orientated.
- Be well organised with strong administration skills.
- Be Pro-active
- Be Innovative
- Be able to work on tight deadlines with minimum supervision in a highly pressurised team environment.
- Prepare to work long and irregular hours this includes weekends, public holidays and shifts.