Sasria Administration Graduate Vacancies May 2018
Sasria, a state-owned company, is the only short-term insurer in South Africa that provides affordable
voluntary cover against special risks such as civil commotion, public disorder, strikes, riots and terrorism to any individual, business, government or corporate entity that has assets in South Africa.
Sasria has a dual mandate – the legislative mandate that directs our day-to-day business operations, and
a broader strategic mandate, like any other business in South Africa, to make a positive contribution to transforming our industry and our country, in order to make our country a better place for all her people.
“To protect the assets of all South Africans against extraordinary risks”
The vision will be achieved via our mission of driving sustainable and vibrant business by:
- Balancing shareholder value creation with having a positive social impact;
- Providing excellent customer service;
- Being clear and consistent in our communication;
- Developing the skills and capacity of own employees;
- Improving our current strategic current strategic partnerships, and establish new ones; and
- Providing innovative and relevant products;
The following values underpin Sasria’s pursuit of its stated vision and mission:
Professionalism – we will treat our stakeholders – i.e. customers, employees, and shareholders –
with respect and dedication while remaining accountable to them;
Integrity – we will conduct ourselves in a manner that is fair, transparent and ethical, and uphold
high levels of equality and trust;
Teamwork – in the performance of our tasks we will be guided by the ideals of unity of purpose,
cooperation and mutual respect;
Innovation – we will create opportunities for creativity and learning and encourage same amongst
our employees; and
Customer Centricity – We strive to meet and exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Job summary statement/purpose
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Manager and Managers
Upon completion of the programme the graduate would have acquired the following skills:
- Provides general assistance in ensuring the smooth running of the office.
- Assists the Office Manager with filing, archiving, and photocopying of documents.
- Supports the Office Manager in communicating with relevant agencies to produce travel itineraries for directors, managers, and students’ events.
- Assists the Office Manager in arranging meetings by scheduling appropriate meeting times, booking rooms, and organizing refreshments.
- Provides general assistance in planning and arranging events, including organizing catering.
- Assists with the handling of expenses and billing cycles.
- Assists in managing reception area and looking after visitors.
- Maintains stationery and other supplies under the supervision of the Office Manager.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, correspondence (e-mail, letters etc.) and directs them to appropriate personnel.
- Assists with formatting and printing of documents.
- Assists with tracking stock of office supplies and placing of orders when necessary.
- Data Capturing
2. Schools liaison & Graduate Support Programme
- Assists the Programme Manager with the creation of an updating of schools’ records and databases.
- Provides support to Programme Manager with regards to all schools visit activity.
- Maintain appropriate filing and archiving of Students’ Application Forms.
- Keeps and maintains attendance register and itinerary.
- Supports the coordination of student selection process.
- Maintains regular contact with schools’ teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Liaise with SAADP Alumni to ensure an up-to-date Alumni database.
- Attends organization’s functions.
- Participates in event organization
Tertiary qualification Administration, Marketing or Education
- Detail oriented
- High attention to detail
- Sound judgment
- Use initiative
- Ability to manage own time and ensure that deadlines are met with limited supervision
A South African citizen of any gender, preference will be given to an EE candidate.
The role will be located in Killarney, Johannesburg.
CLOSING DATE: 18 May 2018
CONTACT PERSON: email@example.com
Sasria is committed to diversifying its staff profile in terms of its transformation agenda and encourages candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds to apply. Sasria will respond to shortlisted candidates. Candidates who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date can assume that their application has been unsuccessful.