Teacher Internships Opportunities in S.Africa May 2018
Internship Opportunity for teachers and foundation phase graduates to apply at various learning institutions.
Foundation Phase Interns
Foundation Phase Interns
A rare opportunity exists for Foundation Phase student teachers, to join the internship programme of this Anglican School. St Peter’s is fortunate to offer facilities equaled by few schools. The School is known for its innovative approach, the warmth of its community and its pioneering attitude to education in general.
- Matric, with Bachelors degree endorsement
- Matric, English mark – 55% minimum
- English, as first additional language – 55%
- Maths Literacy – 50% minimum
- Maths – 50%
- Indigenous language
- Proficiency in English (essential)
- South African Citizenship
Closing: 14 June 2018
Teacher Internship 2019
Requirements: qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Prospective interns should be 21 years or older and currently studying a Bachelor of Education degree or another degree with the aim of studying a PGCE.
- Preference will be given to potential interns who wish to teach the following subjects: Maths, Physical Science, IT, English and/or Economics
- Experience in coaching school sport would be an advantage
- A desire to make a career of teaching, and a commitment to ongoing professional learning
- As Michaelhouse is a boys’ boarding school and interns are required to live in the boarding houses, preference will be given to male candidates
- Alignment with the Christian values and ethos of the school
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A clear criminal clearance certificate
- SACE Registration will be required during the year, if not already obtained
Closing: 16 July 2018
Teacher Training Internship Opportunities
An applicant must:
- Be in possession of a recognised initial degree with majors in subjects which are taught in high school
- Qualify for entry to a PGCE in the FET and Senior Phases
- Successful applicants will have their PGCE tuition fees covered and will receive a monthly stipend in return for services rendered to the school.
Closing: 30 May 2018
St Anne’s Diocesan College provides an excellent, balanced and globally relevant education in a caring boarding environment from Grade 8 to Grade 12
- be either a 3rd year student or a student who is at least 20 years of age
- be pursuing or intend to pursue a career in teaching or in a school environment
- be female students, prepared to live in single accommodation on campus, due to their responsibilities in the boarding houses
- have a driver’s license (not essential but would be advantageous)
Closing: 15 August 2018
We seek an Intern to support teachers and learner learners in a way that creates a strong culture combining a love of learning and rigor.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist the teaching teams in 1. classroom activities; 2. preparing learning and teaching resources
- Take on break duties according to the school’s need, ensuring a safe and positive environment for the children during breaks and that students have access to engaging play activities.
- take on extracurricular, aftercare and play-based activities.
- adapt and practice the responsive classroom principles with the students.
- take initiative and contribute to an inclusive and positive working environment among staff.
Education: Studying towards a Teaching degree. Preferably in 2nd or 3rd-year tertiary
Experience:No experience will learn on the job
Closing: 28 May 2018
Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme 2019
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CAREER AS A TEACHER?
The Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme, in partnership with St Stithians College, is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (BEd) or 2-year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), through UNISA, while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College. Successful candidates will be appointed from January 2019.
Preference will be given to aspiring teachers who are:
- Passionate about exploring a career in teaching Mathematics, Life Sciences, Physical or Natural Sciences, Languages (across the phases); and ECD/ Foundation Phase
- Students already registered in one of the above courses
- Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching who display strong academic results especially in Maths and/or Science.
- From previously disadvantaged groups and/or students in need of financial assistance. (Students who wish to gain on-the-job experience, but don’t need financial assistance may also apply).
ISASA is a non-profit organization that provides its members with services to protect their interests, promote best practice and support quality education.