June 2018 – Child Welfare Durban and District New Job Position in S.Africa
Child Welfare Durban and District is a nonprofit organisation that provides a wide range of services to children, their families and communities in the Durban and Umlazi areas. The organisation’s core concern is to protect children who are at risk. This includes neglected, abused, abandoned and orphaned children, a large majority of whom are either infected or affected by HIV/AIDS.
Child Welfare Durban and District seeks to employ a Facility Manager, to be based in Lakehaven Child and Youth Care Centre, Durban.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the facilities residential programme which is registered for 60 children and has a staff complement of 30.
Job Title: Facility Manager
Salary: R180 000 per annum
- Managerial experience
- Degree in Social Work or Btech in Child & Youth Care
- Registered with the Council for Social Service Professions.
- Minimum two to five years’ experience as a Social Worker or Senior Child and Youth Care Worker
- Valid un-endorsed Driver’s License
- Be able to provide effective leadership to a staff team
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Show a high level of professional competency and total familiarity with current developments in the theory and practice of social and child care work
- Be conversant with current government welfare policy documents relating to children, welfare in general and the financing of welfare services
- Strong managerial skills including people management, preparation and management of budget and ability to exercise control over expenditure
- Ability to provide professional development of staff in the department
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, including professional and child and youth care workers
- A strong developmental approach to child and youth care programmes
- Manage and supervise the day-to-day operation of staff and volunteers assigned to Residential Department team and ensure the attainment of all key performance areas and take appropriate remedial action where necessary
- Identify problem areas and recommend solutions to the Senior Manager
- Undertake related duties as assigned.
- Implement strategy as determined
- The ability to identify challenges and recommend changes accordingly
To apply, submit your CV, three contactable references to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 8 June, 2018
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.