June 2018 – The Community Chest Latest job
The Community Chest of the Western Cape (CCWC) is a philanthropic organisation our main purpose is to help alleviate poverty. We develop and facilitate philanthropy through partnerships with a wide range of donors and social development of donor resources. The Chest acts as an objective and professional community partner to ensure accountability for utilisations of donor resources. The Chest also provides services and advice to enhance the management, financial and skills capacity of non-governmental and community-based organisations in the Western and Southern Cape that are engaged in social development.
Job Title: Senior Education Specialist
Job Location: Western Cape
This post is a fulltime post.
The Community Chest has partnered with the Western Cape After School Game Changer to facilitate the professionalisation of the sector, innovation and the expansion of the After School Game Changer footprint. This partnership involves leveraging the Community Chest’sexisting relationships with the NPO and donor sectors to deepen the understanding and also investment in the sector.
- Coordinate WCG education partnership projects including Yebo, Grade 4, Maths e Learning, training and innovation fund
- Track lessons learnt across the spectrum of projects
- Host learning events with partners and service providers
- Capture case studies recording best practices
- Translate the lessons into useful tools for other Community Chest Partners
- Administrative support to projects as required
- Manage the Jobs Fund Interface
- Monthly monitoring and report review
- School visits as required
- Build and maintain relationships with the various partners
- Convey, coordinate and facilitate quarterly meetings
- Ongoing review of programme and project effectiveness
- Identify and red flag potential problematic areas of concern with our government partners
- Post Graduate qualification in Education or Development studies with suitable project management experience
- Active interest and passion for education
- Active interest and passion for youth development
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive project management experience
- A seasoned project manager
- Extensive administrative skills
- Organised and superior attention to detail
- High energy levels
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- A problem solver
- A thinker able to find suitable and effective solutions
- Creative and flexible
To apply, submit a motivational letter of why you think you are suitable for the position together with a copy of your CV detailing relevant experience and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will receive further correspondence.
Should you have not received any correspondence within a month of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Application Closing Date: 12th June, 2018