National Association of Social Housing Organisations Job Vacancies in S.Africa June 2018
The National Association of Social Housing Organisations (NASHO) is a membership based non-profit organisation based in Johannesburg. NASHO is committed to developing a strong and sustainable social housing sector in South Africa.
Job Title: Capacity Development Coordinator
Job Location: Johannesburg,
Salary: Cost to company package of R25 000 to R30 000 per month subject to experience and skill level. In addition to this a 13th Cheque
Report to: The General Manager
This is a permanent position.
The purpose of the position is to plan and manage the provision of a programme of capacity development for SHIs and other key stakeholders to assist in developing the organisational capacity necessary to deliver a strong and sustainable social housing sector in South Africa.
- Capacity development needs assessment at organisational and inter organisational level
- Develop an integrated response to these needs within resources available
- Prepare and manage budget for capacity development programme
- Expand resources of financing for the capacity development programme
- Capacity Development programme planning and management
- Logistical Management of programme implementation including individual events
- Facilitate Capacity Development workshops where appropriate
- Manage the effective content and use of the NASHO learning Hubs to build capacity
- Manage Monitoring and Evaluation programme for Assessment of capacity development outputs and impacts
- Interact with other NASHO staff and other agencies to link the NASHO programme with their activities where pertinent
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the functioning of the Social Housing Sector in South Africa or displayed ability to develop this within a short period of time
- Preferably with experience of working in a Social Housing Institution
- A relevant tertiary education of the minimum of three years
- Minimum of three years’ experience in running a capacity development programme and or projects or equivalent delivery programme/projects
- Proven ability in structuring of capacity development interventions
- Proven ability to undertake organisational assessments and apply results to structuring relevant interventions
- Knowledge/ skills to do needs diagnosis at sector and organisational level
- Programme budget development and management experience
- Contracting and contract management ability
- Knowledge of the South African higher education ETD sector including the accreditation and roll out of accredited/approved programmes and learnerships an advantage
- Proven ability to facilitate capacity development events
- Ability to communicate well with people from diverse educational and organisational levels
- Competence in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalents
- Preferably with driver’s license
- Willingness to travel to other parts of South Africa
To apply, submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A detailed CV
- Copies of their relevant tertiary education degrees and/or certificates including subjects studied and at what level
- A signed written statement, maximum two pages, that describes why you are suitable for the position; and, how you would approach a programme to build the institutional capacity of the Social Housing sector in South Africa.
Shortlisted candidates are required to attend an interview in Johannesburg with direct costs covered by NASHO.
NASHO is committed to equity in employment and supporting transformation.
Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
Applications are strongly encouraged from candidates from previously disadvantaged groups who historically suffered discrimination particularly racial and gender discrimination.
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2018