Chemonics International Available Position in S.Africa June 2018
Chemonics International is seeking exceptional candidates to serve as Administrative Assistant for the USAID-funded South Africa Low Emissions Development Project (SA-LED). SA-LED supports the Government of South Africa in its efforts to expand “green growth” in South Africa. The project aims to strengthen public sector-related development planning and project development capacity for low emissions projects, and increase public sector core competencies through technical assistance and learning activities to support green growth initiatives.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Main duties will include:
- Procurement of goods and services for the project office.
- Management of the switchboard, relaying messages and welcoming guests.
- Management of relationships with local service providers and vendors ensuring that commodities and services are procured and rendered in accordance with USAID and Chemonics regulations.
- Liaison with primary services providers, including stationery suppliers, taxi services, hotels and etc.
- Arrangement of travel and hotel accommodation for all project-related interventions.
- Organizing business cards and allocation of cellular phones where needed.
- Organizing workshops and project functions by securing venues, ordering lunch and teas, drafting and sending invitations and agendas, the attendance registers and information packets when requested.
- Maintainance of files related to logistics and office premises.
- Implementation of controls related to finance files and ensuring that at least quarterly audits are being done to ensure compliance.
- Taking minutes for staff meetings.
- Updating Supplier Database and Staff Contact Details.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Attributes required:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Excellent analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Totally self-reliant and disciplined to follow through on assigned duties no supervision needed.
- Diplomatic and handling people with respect and dignity.
- Deadline driven.
- Unquestionable Ethics.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Office Administration.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in office administration.
- Requires excellent computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of VAT Reconciliation will be an advantage.
- Accounting experience and processing of financial transactions will be an advantage.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural team.
- 2 years’ experience with foreign or international organizations, preferred.
- Send electronic submissions by June 15, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Administrative Assistant” as subject. Should you not receive feedback within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2018