June 2018 – AIDS Foundation of South Africa New Available Positions
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a well-respected non-governmental organisation that acts as an interface between donors and community-based organisations (CBOs) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs and providing them with ongoing management, technical support and capacity building.
Job Title: Site Manager
Job Location: Western Cape
This is a fixed term contract (1 July to 31 March 2021)
AFSA has been selected as the implementing organisation for the Community Work Programme (CWP) in the districts listed below. CWP is a Department of Cooperative Governance programme designed to provide an employment safety net, by providing participants with a predictable number of days of work per month. (Bitou, Knysna, Mosselbay, George, Hessequa, Kannaland, Oudtshoorn, Beaufort West, Prince Albert, Laignsburg,Theewaterskloof, Swellendam, Cape Agulhas and Overstrand)
The programme is targeted at unemployed and/or underemployed people of working age, including those whose livelihood activities are insufficient to lift them out of poverty.
- Ensure the Municipal Council Resolution is obtained and that the site establishment (office and other is secured)
- Facilitate (in conjunction with local municipality) the community consultations (over site business plan development)
- Cost-effective site management planning (development of participants operational schedules; identification of site resource needs)
- Manage site office team (administrator and store keeper)
- Ensure proper induction of participants, setting up of a site office and securing storage space
- Manage operational/ implementation team (Coordinators and participants)
- Ensure overall safety, health and environmental (SHE) management is prioritised on the site
- Ensure overall management and security of equipment and assets
- Facilitate the establishment of a Local Reference Committee (LRC), comprising of local community stakeholders for the public oversight role
- Ensure sufficient and secure storage of all records and assets
- Ensure all site procurement, deliveries are according to guidelines
- Coordinate / provide technical support to the projects
- Recruit and register participants, ensuring the target is achieved at all times as guided by the Provincial Manager
- Ensure that participants understand the CWP systems and procedures as well CWP Norms and Standards
- Manage time and attendance (consolidation of attendance registers)
- Ensure sufficient branding of the site in line with provided guidelines
- Represent on stakeholder platform meetings (including conducting presentations), to this regard perform at least 8 documented project meetings per month with stakeholders
- Develop good quality reports (monthly, quarterly and also annual reports) in line with provided templates, including a set Monitoring and Evaluation framework
- Resolve conflict timeously between coordinators, Administrators and / or participants
- Actively prepare and participate in any site Audit processes
- Ensure exit interviews are conducted when the participants exit the programme
- Resides within the Local Municipal area applied for
- Minimum Qualification – NQF level 4 or 5
- Valid Driver’s Licence and own reliable transport is essential, candidate with no drivers licence will not be considered Minimum of three years’ experience in community development, previous experience working on CWP is advantageous
- Computer literacy
- Well-spoken and fluent in English and either isiXhosa or Afrikaans
- Understand protocol for working with government departments and support the initiative of uplifting societies and communities
- Comfortable traveling extensively and frequently
To apply, submit a CV and cover letter with the advert reference and Municipal area in the subject line, along with certified copies of their ID, driver’s license and highest qualification to email@example.com
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
AIDS Foundation of South Africa reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
AFSA is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community in particular people living with disabilities.
AIDS Foundation of South Africa regret that agency candidates will note be considered.
The successful candidate will be expected sign a performance based contract and also a service level agreement.
Application Deadline: 20th June, 2018