June 2018 – Health Systems Trust Job Position in S.Africa
Health Systems Trust is an innovative non-profit organisation working to strengthen ongoing development of comprehensive health systems in southern Africa.
Health Systems Trust seeks to appoint a Enrolled Nurse for the Fresh Project, an HIV research study combined with a poverty alleviation and women’s empowerment programme, based in Umlazi, KwaZulu-Natal.
Job Title: Enrolled Nurse
Job Location: Umlazi, KwaZulu-Natal
Salary: A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications will be offered
This is a fixed-term contract position, renewable based on continuation of funding.
- Collect blood specimens as per the approved study sampling schedule
- Assist Professional Nurse with pelvic exam sampling, including: filling forms, handling and labelling specimen tubes, and serving as quality check for accuracy before lab pick-up
- Ensure accurate specimen labelling, documentation, storage and transportation
- Ensure specimens ready on time for pick-up and transport by couriers
- Maintain thorough/accurate documentation and record-keeping, ensuring that all forms are completed correctly
- Be available to assist Research Nurse with sampling/documentation on Saturdays in the event of a new acute HIV infection
- Conduct screening visits including, informed consent, pregnancy test, hemoglobin test and ensure participant is eligible to join the study
- Perform finger-prick for HIV-RNA PCR (viral load) twice-weekly for all active participants
- Current registration with the SANC as a Registered/Enrolled Nurse
- Minimum of one to three years’ nursing experience, within a hospital and/or laboratory environment.
- Must have minimum one year experience performing phlebotomy
- Fluent in both English and isiZulu
- The following will be an advantage:
- Experience providing HIV counselling and testing
- Experience in women’s health
- Clinical research experience
- Licensed/experienced driver
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Maintain confidentiality of participant information
- Ability to travel to and work in Umlazi Township
To apply, submit a detailed CV stating the position applied for, together with names and contact details (telephone numbers and an e-mail address) of at least three contactable referees, to Sanele Ngubane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identity documents.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Email users are requested to set the delivery option of their message on both “Return Receipt” and “Confirm Delivery”.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
HST reserves the right to not fill this position.
HST Promotes Employment Equity.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 29 June, 2018