June 2018 – Amref Health Africa Current Vacancies in S.Africa
Amref Health Africa is a non-governmental organisation headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya and established in 1957. Our vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Amref Health Africa responds to South Africa’s health challenges by finding innovative solutions to build the capacity of community and national health systems to diagnose, treat, and control diseases through infrastructure improvements, health workforce training, and strengthening information and monitoring systems. Amref Health Africa also emphasizes the integration of health services, social and economic empowerment of women, and a rights-based approach to health.
Job Title: Contract Facilitators and Assessors – Health Promoters Training
Job Location: South Africa
Working closely with Training Officer, the Contracted persons will execute the delivery and assessment of Knowledge, Practical Skills and Work Experience Modules for Health Promoters to ensure successful completion of the course by the learners. The areas of work will include the following:
- Public and Community health support.
- Family and Community Services
- Basics of Community Health
PRACTICAL SKILLS MODULES
Mobilise community to address community health issues
- Identify the service needs and ease of access to health and social services
- Promote healthy life styles and mental well being
- Promote HIV prevention including HIV testing, condom use, partner reduction, circumcision, STI
- Provide information on prevention of accidents and incidents in homes
- Record and report on information provided to individuals, households and communities
- Promote and provide support for maternal and women’s
- Promote child health
- Support community members with psychosocial problems
- Provide an integrated approach to support treatment
- Identify and treat a select number of minor ailments
- Provide basic support to people who are unable to care for themselves
WORK EXPERIENCE MODULES
Operation and dynamics of communities
- Household registration and assessment processes.
- Health promotion processes
- Formal health provision processes
- Emotional and social wellness support processes
- Household treatment processes of minor ailments.
Qualifications, experience and key competencies required:
- Degree in Education/Training preferably within the health sciences, health development or health promotion
- 5 + years of practical experience of facilitating/ delivery of health worker training and education
- Demonstrate experience in working with HWSETA, QCTO and SAQA Accreditation processes
- Qualifications and practical experience of facilitating, assessing and moderating Health Promotion
- Progressive experience (track record) of delivery of selected modules specified in the curriculum outline
- Excellent communication, organisational and reporting skills, team player, trustworthy and responsible
Successful and selected candidates will sign a performance and output delivery based contract specifying the number of hours of delivery and related compensation.
NB* This is not a full time job but will require availability of staff according to the training program/schedule
How to apply:
Kindly indicate clearly in your application which modules you are qualified and interested to facilitate.
If you meet the requirements, deliver your application letter and up-to-date CV with 2 traceable referees to the following address: email@example.com
Applications received later than 2nd July 2018 will not be considered. Selection interviews to be conducted from – 3rd – 6th July 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Application Deadline: 2 July, 2018