June 2018 – M&ESURE Research and Evaluation Available Opening
M&ESURE Research and Evaluation is a small social science research and evaluation consultancy based in the southern suburbs of Cape Town. We are looking to expand our capacity by adding a researcher to our team. This full-time contract position will give you the opportunity to apply your research skills in a dynamic and stimulating environment where no two days are the same.
Job Title: Researcher
Job Location: Cape Town
The researcher will be responsible for the following key activities:
- designing data collection tools and capturing templates
- data collection (this may entail conducting interviews, focus groups and observations)
- data capturing
- analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- assisting with the writing of evaluation reports and other research outputs
- logistical / administrative arrangements related to fieldwork
- filing and basic office administration
This position consists of a combination of office-based, fieldwork day trips as well as occasional overnight travel.
Interested candidates must adhere to these requirements:
- Be a South African citizen
- Have a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences; Development Studies; Evaluation; Psychology; or related field
- A driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle
- Have at least two year’s working experience in a research/ evaluation environment
- Have experience in coordinating and conducting fieldwork and data collection activities
- Have experience in writing research/ evaluation reports
- Have a keen interest in developing monitoring and evaluation skills and expertise
- Be proficient in MS Office
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player
- Be a confident self-starter and self-motivated
- Have organisational skills including the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work to meet deadlines
- Have a proven academic track record
- Have a clear criminal record
The following are advantageous:
- Work experience in a monitoring and evaluation
- Proven ability and confidence to work with quantitative data
- Ability to speak and write in Afrikaans and/ or isiXhosa
The application and interview process
To apply, please submit the following to Liezel de Waal (email@example.com) by 13 July 2018:
- a CV detailing qualifications, experience and two contactable references
- a one-page motivational letter explaining why you would like to work at M&ESURE
For this position, M&ESURE is offering between R20 000 to R25 000 per month cost to company.
Interviews are scheduled to take place towards the end of July 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
An application will not in itself, entitle the applicant to an interview. M&ESURE will not be liable for any costs related to the application process or any costs related to the uptake of the position. We reserve the right not to appoint any candidates in the advertised post. For more information please visit www.mesuresa.co.za
Application Deadline: 13th July, 2018.