July 2018 – National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) Job Vacancy
Jobs recruitment at National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) 2018
Are you a quality driven individual? Do you have a passion for perfection? If you answered ‘Yes’ to these questions, you could be just the individual we are looking for to offer Undergraduate Bursary.
Job Title: NMISA Undergraduate Bursary Opportunity
NMISA is offering undergraduate bursaries at a recognised South African University.
Upon completion, the bursars will be required to work one year for every year sponsored at NMISA.
Successful graduates will follow an exciting career at NMISA in the Science of Accurate Measurement (Metrology).
NMISA is the custodian of the South Africa national measurement standards, thus you will be working closely with experts on the realisation of the International System (SI) units in the Electricity & Magnetism division.
Bursary is offered in the following fields of study:
- BSc Physics Degree
Who can apply:
- Undergraduate students who are registered fulltime at a recognised South African university in any of the fields listed above with an average of = 60%
- Grade 12 learners currently studying Mathematics (Not Mathematics Literacy) and Natural Science and are able to provide grade 11 results and progress report for grade 12
- Candidates who are in possession of a grade 12 exemption certificate, with Mathematics (Not Maths Literacy) and Natural Science, with = 60% marks
- Candidates must have the intention of studying to MSc level in Physics
- Applicants must be South African Citizens
- The main criteria are academic merit and financial need
The bursary includes:
The full costs of registration and tuition; residence fees and allowance for prescribed books and necessary requirements. The successful candidates will have an opportunity to gain work experience at NMISA during vacations.
How to apply:
NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates who meet the requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. The NMISA Human Capital Development programme, which this Undergraduate Opportunity forms part of, is focused on recruiting the following candidates in order of preference: African, Coloured & Indian.
Interested and suitably qualified persons MUST upload/ attach all supporting documentation required (updated CV, completed NMISA Bursary application form, certified academic record, and ID.) when applying for the position email NMISA Human Resource at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates with all supporting documents and completed questionnaire
will be considered for the position.
Opportunity Closing Date: Saturday, September 15, 2018