July 2018 – Sonke Gender Justice New Job Positions in S.Africa
Sonke Gender Justice (Sonke) works globally and across Africa to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS.
Job Title: Enrolled Nurse for the Population Project
Job Location: Cape Town
Remuneration: R144 000 to R180 000 per annum
The Enrolled Nurse will run HIV Counselling and Testing Services (HTS) or HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT) campaigns under the Key Population project in the Metropolitan areas of the City of Cape Town, in coordination with Sonke’s HTS team in the Cape Town offices.
The Key Population project will serve to strengthen the capacity, and access to health services and testing of Key Population Groups within the Cape Town Metro; ensuring that the objectives therefore falls within the DOH 2030 vision and goal towards focused HTA & HTS services. This will be achieved by implementing a number of activities such as: promoting & providing HTS and condoms; all clients that access HTS will be screened for chronic lifestyle diseases; link or refer clients for ART; targeted IEC talks; promoting medical male circumcision; promoting community mobilization for healthy and non-violent living; recruiting and supporting Community Action Teams (CATs) / volunteers to assist in IEC talks and the distribution of male and female condoms and; initiating and supporting awareness raising activities in the Northern/Tygerberg sub-district and the rest of the metropolitan areas in the City of Cape Town.
The second aim is to mobilise communities to challenge Gender Based Violence through the promotion of gender equality strategies so as to reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS exacerbated by gender inequalities.
Coordination and Client Care
- Oversee HIV Counselling and Testing (HTS)
- Conduct HTS and chronic diseases of lifestyle screening (including HIV testing, STI & TB screening for referral, hypertension, diabetes, and weighing, etc.)
- Assist with and follow up on referrals
- Participate in all activities related to the HTS
- Keep all relevant patients’ records in files
- Assist with completion of consent forms
- Assist with compiling statistics
- Work with relevant stakeholders related to the key population project
- Participate in internal and external meetings related to the key population project
- Provide clean and safe environment
- Disinfect and cleaning of the used instruments before disposing
- Keep clinical records accurate
- Nursing Degree/qualification
- Registered with SANC
- HIV counselling and testing experience compulsory
- Primary health care certification
- Driver’s license will be an advantage
To apply, submit your CV (not more than five pages), motivation letter and contact details of two referees detailing experience to Sonke’s H.R. Unit email@example.com closing
For non-South Africans attaining of the work permit from the Dept. Of Home Affairs is the responsibility of the applicant and employment will depend on a valid work permit being in place.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The organisation reserves the right not to make an appointment.
If you do not receive a response by 31 July 2018, consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 2nd July, 2018.