July 2018 – Childsafe Current Ongoing Recruitment in Cape Town
Childsafe is a campaign of the Child Accident Prevention Foundation of Southern Africa (CAPFSA) and Safe Kids Worldwide, which promotes optimal health and development of all children in South Africa. Childsafe aims to reduce and prevent intentional and unintentional injuries of all severity through research, education, environmental change and recommendations for legislation.
To achieve this we work in co-operation with government, industry, non-governmental and community based organisations, community groups and individuals. Childsafe believes that every child has a right to grow and flourish in a safe environment without the threat of being hurt.
Job Title: Project Manager for the Walk This Way (WTW) Scholar Pedestrian Safety Project
Job Location: Cape Town
The Project Manager will be responsible for complete programmatic and operational oversight for the WTW project implementation.
- Lead key stakeholder relations central to the child pedestrian program for WTW project and ChildSafe generally
- Oversee project work planning, budgeting, management and monitoring
- Support and monitor project staff performance
- Design and plan dissemination of project marketing and information materials.
- With Executive Director, liaise with donor community on pedestrian safety as a programmatic direction
- Collaborate with other ChildSafe projects to strengthen overall organisational programming for prevention of childhood injuries
- Represent the WTW project to various stakeholders where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Community Development or any relevant field.
- Six or more years of professional experience in an NGO setting
- Strategic lead in direction, planning and implementation of the WTW project
- Advocacy with key stakeholders including relevant government departments
- Be detail-oriented, organised, self-motivated and be able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate information efficiently and effectively
- An interest in working with children on pedestrian safety and injury prevention
- Applicant must own a car
To apply, submit a CV and one-page covering letter to email@example.com with reference WTW Project Manager in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 13th July, 2018