South African Breastmilk Reserve Ongoing Recruitment in S.Africa July 2018
The South African Breastmilk Reserve is a nonprofit organisation that came to life in 2003 and today is the largest milk-bank banking partner of the South Africa Department of Health and Netcare, associated with 44 milk banks that supply anything from 75 to 100 hospitals around the country, in a year.
Job Title: Auxiliary Nurse
Job Location: East London, Cecelia Makiwane Hospital
Work hours: 07h00 to 16h00 Monday to Friday.
This position could be suitable for an auxiliary nurse who is well integrated and connected in the local community.
Salary: R3 500 per month.
The position is available immediately.
- Collecting donated breastmilk (DBM)
- Recruiting and assisting new mothers to DBM
- Processing, pasteurising and storing donated milk according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)’s
- Ensuring the breastmilk bank never runs out of DBM
- Distributing DBM according to SOP’s
- Maintaining all the administration documents according to the SOP’s
- Cleaning and maintaining all the cleanliness and hygiene standards according to the SOP’s
- Maintaining and enhancing the reputation of SABR with the hospitals
- Maintaining the equipment and reporting the need for maintenance or equipment failure
- Ensuring quality assurance, health and safety standards and hygiene standards are maintained at all times including universal regular hand washing procedures
- Advocacy work to promote human breast milk banking
- HIV/aids counselling experience
- Qualified auxiliary nurse
- Qualified HIV/Aids Counsellor
- Passionate about breast feeding
- Ideally a mother who has breastfed her own children
- Some work experience in the health sector
- Affinity with and sensitivity towards new mothers
- Be self-motivated and able to work on one’s own
- Ideally be computer literate
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 21st July, 2018