Tshisimani Centre Ongoing Recruitment in S.Africa July 2018
The Tshisimani Centre for Activist Education has been established to strengthen the theoretical, strategic, organisational, creative and analytic capabilities of worker, student and community activists struggling against racism, sexism, poverty and inequality.
Job Title: Materials Developer
Job Location: Mowbray, Cape Town
Key responsibilities of this exciting permanent position include the production of multi-media learning materials for use by the Tshisimani team on social media and in conventional teaching spaces. Two key aspects define this position: one taking existing curriculum, programmes and events and translating these into materials that can “travel” and be used in diverse social justice settings. The second is taking the lead in the development of novel and imaginative materials to support the Centre’s work.
Tshisimani Centre Jobs opening July 2018
- A university degree or equivalent
- Experience as an activist in working for social justice
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Previous experience in materials development in a variety of formats
- Ability to read widely, synthesise ideas coherently and communicate effectively
- A strong interest in political education and popular education techniques
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and provide leadership in the development of materials, as well as part of a team
- Curious, imaginative and hardworking
Tshisimani Centre recruitment 2018
The TCAE is committed to equity in employment practices and is keen to make appointments to meet these objectives. Priority will be given to black applicants. The Centre reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please send applications with a letter of motivation, contact details of 3 referees, and CV with ‘Materials Developer position’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3 August. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.