International Organisation for Migration Job Opportunity Jul/Aug 2018
Job opportunities : International Organisation for Migration career Employment
Vacant post : International Organisation for Migration work Vacancy 2018
The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) is a dynamic and growing inter-governmental organisation, with 166 member states. IOM is committed to the principle that “humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society”. Established in 1951 and now active in over 440 field locations worldwide, IOM works with partners, government and civil society to promote international cooperation to address operational challenges of migration and mobility, assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems, and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
Job Title: National Regional Project Officer
Job Location: Pretoria
Reference Number: SVNROSA2018/02
Salary: NO-A (UN Salary scale for National Officers in South Africa)
Duration: One year fixed term, 12 months with a possibility of extension
- Provide support to the implementation and monitoring of the pilot AVRR project activities as stated in the work plan in the Pilot Countries – South Africa, Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia
- Coordinate the drafting of regular project progress reports, including ad hoc, interim and end of project reports in a timely manner in accordance with IOM procedures and donor requirements
- Contribute to the development of training and capacity building materials for stakeholders and partners working in AVRR in the Pilot Countries
- Provide technical and capacity building support to national institutions, partners and stakeholders responsible for the AVRR in the Pilot Countries
- Support the conduction of the different assessments, studies and community profiling as part of the project
- Support the migration and programme related data collection analysis, interpretation and dissemination in coordination with the Regional Migration Data Hub and the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit
- Coordinate in establishing, liaising and maintaining working relations with government entities, local authorities, implementing partners, UN agencies, and other stakeholders, as relevant to the projects and activities of the thematic areas
- Represent IOM in meetings and related forums in coordination with the supervisor as well as other team members and undertake duty travel as required
- Track and analyse migration and related issues and trends in the Southern Africa region in general and the pilot countries in particular
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
- University Degree from an accredited institution in Migration Studies, Social Sciences, Statistics, Demography, International Relations, Development Studies, Economics, or related field with minimum of two years’ professional experience
- Masters’ Degree in the aforementioned field of study with relevant experience
- Solid experience on Project Management, preferably in Migration Assistance or related experience
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research, studies, surveys and assessments in the field of migration in Southern Africa region
- Proven experience in developing research design, methods and tools
- Report writing skills, knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures
- Knowledge of social development issues as well as general migration related issues in the Southern Africa region
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organisations and private sector entities
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint
- Previous work experience with the United Nations or in international organisations humanitarian field would be an advantage
- Fluency in English is a requirement
- Knowledge of local languages is advantageous
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others
- Planning and Organising – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions
- Resource Mobilisation – establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
To apply, submit your letter of motivation, up-to-date CV, copy of ID and Complete IOM Personal History Form (which can be downloaded from the below website) to email@example.com specify the Vacancy reference number i.e. SVNROSA2018/02 on the subject line of your email.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
External and internal candidates are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first- tier candidates and will be given priority over external applicants.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station with valid residence and work permit will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
IOM will not be able to track your applications without the reference code provided.
Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2018