Duzi-uMngeni Conservation Trust (DUCT) New Job Position Aug 2018
Job opportunities : Duzi-uMngeni Conservation Trust (DUCT) career Employment
Vacant post : Duzi-uMngeni Conservation Trust (DUCT) work Opportunity Aug 2018
The Duzi-uMngeni Conservation Trust (DUCT) is an NPO based in Pietermaritzburg, championing the environmental health of the uMngeni and uMsunduzi Rivers.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Location: Pietermaritzburg
Report to: The General Manager and the Board
Salary: R300 000 to R360 000 per annum total cost to company (excluding discretionary bonus) depending on experience and contracted hours
The purpose of the position is to provide and manage the accounting function of the organisation according to best practice of corporate governance in conjunction with management and the board.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems to standardise accounting policies and procedures and introduce and maintain best practice towards good corporate governance
- Capture data and prepare financial information
- Compile and present monthly management accounts as per set monthly timelines and deadlines
- Manage the monthly cash flow requirements of the organisation
- Manage the annual budgeting process for the organisation
- Oversee the annual audit process
- Provide financial administration and oversight of specific projects, including budgets, expenditure and reporting
- Establish and maintain good relationships with management, staff, funders, clients and stakeholders
- A tertiary level degree or diploma in business or accounting
- Familiarity with Pastel Accounting
- Understanding of good corporate governance
- Communication skills
- Proven administrative and organisational competency
- Competence in Word and Excel
- Confidence and assertiveness in dealing with all levels of staff and stakeholders
- Planning and organising skills
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with nonprofit (NPO) financial management an advantage
To apply, submit a cover page outlining the applicant’s suitability for the position and a maximum of a four-page CV including three contactable references to email@example.com
Should you not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
The organisation reserves the right not to fill this position.
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2018