Wine and Agricultural Ethical Trade Association (WIETA) Job in S.Africa Aug 2018
Job opportunities : Wine and Agricultural Ethical Trade Association (WIETA) career Employment
Vacant post : Wine and Agricultural Ethical Trade Association (WIETA)work Opportunity
WIETA (Wine and Agricultural Ethical Trade Association) was formally established in November 2002. The association arose out of an Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI) pilot project in the wine industry in the late 90’s. The pilot not only assisted the ETI, its retail corporate members and South African partners in learning about, developing and refining inspection methodologies in monitoring their base code, but was also instrumental in bringing together private sector, labour and civil society stakeholders in and associated with the wine industry of the Western Cape to discuss and debate issues around ethical trade.
Job Title: Operations Manager – BEE POSITION
Job Location: Stellensbosch
The Operations manager will be responsible for overseeing WIETA’s overall operations, programmes, staff issues, administration and services. They will need to ensure that the organisation’s operations run smoothly and efficiently in accordance with standards and expectations.
They will oversee the administrative and financial departments, budgets and financial and financial project reporting within the finance department, IT and standards related systems development & management, HR policies, procedures, recruitment, selection, training and development t, as well as manage the administrative functions of the organisation.
The person will also be required to explore innovative new services and new business developments and may be required to formulate business plans to realise these initiatives.
The candidate must have a relevant business degree in finance, human resources or marketing. Exposure to corporate, contract or labour law is essential. Seven to ten years experience in office and financial administration, operations management or business management is required.
Excellent leadership, communications and interpersonal skills is essential.
Any knowledge of global & export markets, ethical trade, Certification systems or labour law highly recommended.
An understanding of and keen interest in the current social, economic and political environment is required.
Self-starter and quick learner with high energy levels.
Multilingualism – Fluency in Afrikaans, English & Xhosa is non-negotiable. The majority of WIETA”s clients are Afrikaans speaking and communication is mostly conducted in Afrikaans and English. Isixhosa is used for educational materials.Key performance areas
- Client relationship management
- Membership and client management systems
- Manage all client correspondence relating to their status in the system
- Manage the tracking of members and their supply chain status through audit process
- Manage Product Assurance & Product Certification Systems and SAWIS tracking for approval by CEO
- Implementation and maintenance of all organisational, IT and office policies, procedures, systems and processes
- Organise the office layout and manage supplies of stationery and equipment;
- Manage IT requirements, services, repairs & upgrades
MEMBER CERTIFICATION, AUDIT OVERSIGHT, PLANNING, SCHEDULING & ADMINISTRATION
- Audit Quality Assurance Oversight Management to specification and standard
- Management and Oversight of the Certification & Seal process
SECRETARIAT TO PROJECTS/PROGRAMMES
- Co-ordinate scheduling of in line with required participants
- Prepare necessary information packs for meetings
- Distribute information packs in preparation for meetings
- Take minutes
Perform other related duties as required.
- Manage the Finance Officer
- Manage and Development Financial Systems and Procedures
- Financial Authorisation & Reporting
4 staff members currently report directly to this function
However, WIETA is a small team of 11 permanent and contract workers with a team of associates who undertake audits and training. The operations around these people will need to be managed.
Reports to CEO
Member of the Board Financial Committee Member of the Board HR Committee
WIETA offices are located in Technopark, Stellenbosch
Interested candidates must send a letter of motivation highlighting your suitability to the role and a CV in Word format to email@example.com
Contact will only be made with shortlisted candidates.
Application Deadline: 12th August, 2018