Sustainability Officer Zip Zap Vacant Opening in S.Africa Aug 2018
Zip Zap Circus School was founded in Cape Town in 1992, to inspire young people and help build a new culture of peaceful coexistence in South Africa. Working with a diverse community of children from all backgrounds, Zip Zap helps kids to ‘dare to dream’ and learn to make those dreams a reality. Zip Zap’s programs are all free to participants, with financial and material support coming from individuals, organisation, corporations and foundations.
Vacancy Title: Sustainability Officer Job
Job Location: Salt River, Cape Town
Start date: As soon as possible
- Research potential local and international patrons to meet Zip Zap’s operational and capital requirements
- Write fundraising proposals
- Manage sustainability calendar, track submission deadlines, capture reporting dates, reporting requirements/ objectives, ensure accurate, effective and timeous recording of donations, write thank you letters
- Manage, maintain, update the ZZ database
- Compile and submit in-kind donation and discount requests to suppliers, corporates and local businesses
- Assist and support to the Sustainability team on all fundraising requirements, admin and events, exhibitions and activations as required
- Manage the distribution of the Annual Report
Sustainability Officer Job Requirements:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in areas such as development studies, journalism, social sciences, humanities, media or marketing
- Passion for youth, arts and culture and complete buy-in Zip Zap’s vision and values
- Written and verbal communication skills in English with an acute attention to detail (content and format)
- Computer skills: Microsoft office package, Email and WWW
To apply, submit your CV (maximum four pages – more will be discarded) with three contactable referees, a motivational letter including what you can bring to Zip Zap and copy of your ID to the Sustainability Manager at email@example.com with the subject line: Sustainability Officer application plus your name
Please note that if these requirements are not met or respected, your application will not be reviewed.
Management will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.
Sustainability Officer Job Application Deadline: 9th August, 2018