August 2018- National Organisation of the Blind in South Africa (NOBSA) Jobs
The National Organisation of the Blind in South Africa (NOBSA) formerly known as TABBA was established in 1973. NOBSA’s plays a major role in making sure to skill visually impaired people allowing them independence in their lives. This is achieved through therapeutic counselling, rehabilitation services, mobility training and recreational activities.
Job Title: Centre Coordinator
Job Location: Soweto
The purpose of the position is the coordination of the organisation’s activities including fundraising.
- Oversee the daily operations of the centre including but not limited to the human resources, vehicles, finances, awareness and prevention campaigns
- Coordinates Centre activities and functions to ensure that goals and objectives specified for the organisation are accomplished in accordance with priorities, time limitations, funding limitations
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to visually impaired people
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles
- Knowledge of organisational practices
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles
- Organising skills, work of self and others
- Verbal and written communications
- Computer literacy
- Report Writing anad presentation skills is essential
- Experience within the NGO sector is an advantage
- Post Matric Business administration qualification
- Five years’ of administrative / coordinate project experience
- Management skills
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to NOBSA’s office at 36/23 Modjadji street, Pimville zone 3, Soweto.
Applicant must be visually impaired attach medical certificate as proof of visual impairment.
Further correspondence will only be entered into with candidates under consideration for the position.
Should you not receive a response within 14 days of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For enquiries contact: Ms Simethi at 0110487520.
Application Deadline: 27th August, 2018