Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC New Job Position in S.Africa Aug 2018
Career Employment Administrative Officer Job
Vacant post : Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC Job Opportunity
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional Pretoria-based candidates for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program.
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP) works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth. Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
Vacancy Title: Administrative Officer Job
Job Location: Pretoria
Position Description, Objective & Responsibilities:
The Administrative Officer will report to the Deputy Finance & Operations Director and is largely responsible for providing operational and administrative support to the SAEP Main Project Office based in Nieuw Muckleneuk, Pretoria. The Administrative Officer will organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures and leads in creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, and ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. The Administrative Officer will manage the front desk, and – as such – is the initial point of contact for all employees and visitors. The Administrative Officer ensures that the administrative activities within the office run smoothly on a daily basis.
- Performing general duties to include, but not limited to: photocopying, mailing, binding and filing; screening telephone calls, handling enquiries, receiving all visitors and provide general support;
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic filing system of all project documentations in accordance with Deloitte policies and regulations;
- Assisting expatriates in locating suitable housing and maintaining good relationships with landlords, as required;
- Scheduling meetings and appointments within the office and ensure appropriate communication, prepare boardroom and data projector for meetings; prepare beverages and lunch for meetings;
- Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs;
- Coordinating with IT provider on all office equipment and IT related issues;
- Managing contracts and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers;
- Setting-up conference calls, booking and reserving conference rooms;
- Preparing agendas, name tags and attendance registers for meetings and workshops;
- Overseeing the general workers responsibilities and ensure that the office is kept clean at all times and ensure office orderliness and professional appearance;
- Ensuring that after hours/special holiday messages are recorded, retrieved, and communicated to the relevant people where needed.
- Receiving and send program pouches, track shipment, confirm receipt and forward to the relevant person;
- Maintaining an up-to-date contact list for the program, both internal and external contacts;
- Take minutes at administrative team meetings and ensure that proper record keeping is taking place and maintained;
- Addressing employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery);
- Tracking the utilization of office consumables, and order consumables when needed;
- Liaising with facility management vendors, including catering and security services;
- Planning in-house or off-site activities, like parties and celebrations;
- Maintaining basic administrative tracker logs (i.e. kitchen items, stationery and etc.);
- Managing the office petty cash, reconcile and replenish regularly;
- Assisting with coordinating procurements (preparing Purchase Request and requesting for quotations);
- Ordering business cards for all employees;
- Office space management and ensuring the building meets Fire, Health and Safety requirements;
- Taking direction from and liaise with home office Security Management team;
- Helping with security assessments in the field locations if required and the establishment of effective physical and procedural security measures;
- Carrying out investigation of, traffic incidents and petty crime;
- Maintaining and periodically test the staff telephone tree; and
- Helping to facilitate security, fire, life safety training and briefings for all staff.
Minimum Skills, Education & Experience:
- A minimum of a matric certificate or national diploma in office administration, secretary, business administration or related field;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a receptionist or office administrator in general office management, procurement and administration required;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID regulations and procedures will be an added advantage;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team on multiple tasks in a high intensity environment;
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with minimal oversight;
- English language fluency (strong written and verbal skills) required;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook);
- Strong organizational and planning skills required; and
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
Please send a cover letter and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 10 August 2018. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Project LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.