Rhens Consulting – Financial Manager Job in Cape Town Aug 2018
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Reference:||#FM – W.CAPE|
An exciting role for an experienced, hands-on Financial Manager is available at an independent FinTech company based in Cape Town CBD with a national footprint. They are already a recognised, key player in the new ‘disrupting traditional banking’ sector, shaping the new way of doing things in the Financial Services industry.
About the role
Reporting directly to the CEO, your portfolio will span across management reporting to corporate governance level work whilst servicing the needs of the CEO and shareholders who are actively involved in this growing business.
Meticulous, well-organized, agile and ability to work independently and under pressure with an unwavering high level and standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Preparation, consolidation and monthly monitoring of annual budgets
- Preparation and presentation of Board Packs
- Present standard, regular and ad-hoc request for financial information to the CEO and shareholders
- Manages a financial team of 3 people
- Cash flow projections, analysis and cash management
- Responsible for accurate and complete general ledger accounting and on-time delivery of monthly trial balance in accordance with IFRS accounting standards
- Monthly management reporting and critical analysis of numbers
- Monthly reconciliation of Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Liaise with external auditors on an ongoing basis
- Take full responsibility for completion of the annual audit within 4 months after year end
- Income tax administration
- Ensure efficient functioning of financial systems
- Establish and maintain financial controls to reduce financial risk
- Represent Finance at monthly and weekly Exco meetings
- Review all monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage working capital
- Ensure the business complies with all corporate deadlines
- Submission of all monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reports
- Monthly review and recording of payroll
- Calculation of the monthly VAT payable and on-time submission of VAT201 returns
- Perform profitability and cost analysis on current and new clients
Qualifications and experience needed
- CA(SA) – non-negotiable
- At least 4 + years’ experience in the financial management field post articles
- Experience in the Financial Services field will be highly advantageous
- Corporate governance experience and reporting to shareholders at board level is a pre-requisite requirement
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25TH August 2018
- By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful).
- Please note that your information will be processed for recruitment purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation.
- We confirm that such information will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
- If your application is not successful, we may retain your CV and other information provided on our electronic system. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.
- The organization reserves the right not to make an appointment
- Appropriate psychometric and / or other selection tools and reference checks may be applicable.
- Qualifications, background and ITC checks are applicable.
Should no feedback be received within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.
079 651 8174