Investec Bursaries And Scholarships Openings 2019
Investec offers a full bursary per year towards study-related expenses. Bursaries will only be offered to applicants who are currently in Grade 12 or in their first year of University.
Investec 2019 Bursaries And Scholarships
Our CSI strategy is aimed at facilitating the empowerment of talented individuals within a defined continuum of interventions including bursaries and other programmes through school and university to the workplace, so that they may realise their potential.
Instructions for submission of application forms
Applications will only be considered if completed in full and signed by the applicant and if all the supporting documents have been included.
- Documents that accompany the application form must be certified
- South African ID
- Grade 11 results
- This year’s June results (or your latest results if you are not studying this year)
- Official Matric/ NSC results if you have completed Grade 12
- Tertiary students: June results or progress report of all subjects (if no examinations were written)
- Payslips for your parent(s)/ guardian if employed (or letter from employer and sworn statement or tax return statement stating income)
- Latest financial statements if your parent/ guardian is self-employed
- Sworn affidavits if your parent(s)/ guardian is/ are unemployed
- Death certificates if your parent(s) is/ are deceased
- Divorce certificate if your parents are divorced
- Sworn statement from one parent if your parents are separated
Selection criteria for selected educational institutions
The main criteria for the selection of applications are financial need and academic potential.
Bursary applications are invited from young people who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate university (academic) degree in:
- Commerce (Economics, Business Economics, Accounting, Investments and Finance),
- BCom Informatics,
- BSc Computer Science,
- BSc Information Technology,
- BIT-Bachelors of Information Technology,
- BIS-Bachelor of Information Science,
- Business Science,
- Science and Mathematics,
- Engineering or Commercial LLB
NB!! Only first year Actuarial Science students already at university will be considered.
Academic selection criteria:
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 and applicants already in possession of a National Senior certificate should have obtained at least 50% in all their subjects with a minimum of 70% in Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and 70% in English.
NB: Please apply timeously for admission to the educational institution of your choice. Consult the websites of the universities for application deadlines.
Investec is involved in initiatives that support learners from township and rural schools, who show good academic potential, particularly in the fields of Maths and Science, to attend top performing high schools.
When completing the application form, please clearly specify the exact degree programme for which you need a bursary, the name of the educational institution where you plan to study and the year of study.
Bursaries will only be offered to applicants who are currently in Grade 12 or in their first year of University.
Changing your degree programme after submitting your application form may lead to a cancellation of the bursary, if granted.
No bursaries are available for private tertiary institutions.
HOW TO APPLY
Completed applications, together with all supporting documents, should be returned to the administrator of the Investec Bursary, Studietrust.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2018