Amandla Development Data Coordinator Job in South Africa Aug 2018
Job opportunities : Amandla Development career Employment
Data Coordinator Job Vacancy
Amandla Development is a nonprofit organisation that works to empower South African youth with equal access to quality education opportunities. Amandla facilitates the Philippi Collective Network, a cross-sector group that fosters a community-driven, collective impact approach to improving learner wellbeing and education outcomes.
Job Title: Data Coordinator
Job Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the position is to manage data collection, field worker training and monitoring, and developing the capacity of our working groups to craft evidence-based interventions to tear down barriers to learning in Philippi.
Responsibilities for Data Coordinator Job
- Report to the Project Manager and supervise site data collection processes
- Develop solutions for data collection, capture, and use in our community reporting activities
- Facilitate forum meetings at which data on child welfare is explained in layman’s terms to community members and stakeholders
- Support and train stakeholders to collect and use data for decision making
- Train fieldworkers in various data collection exercises such as surveys
- Write reports
- Individual research and leading some research processes
- Integrate technology into our work
- Coordinate the development of Amandla’s shared measures system within the network
- Think creatively about data management
Data Coordinator Job Requirements:
- Minimum two years in a Monitoring and Evaluation or similar role
- Two years of experience in project management, including developing implementation timelines
- Understanding of the ethics of conducting studies with people
- Experience working in a township setting
- Fluency in English a must and fluency in isiXhosa a major plus
- Experience in community development
- A valid driver’s license
- Written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Demonstrated experience with statistical software and data management systems
- Interest in education and community development
- Flexible and a team player
- Ability and willingness to multitask and meet shifting deadlines consistently
- Motivated and energetic
- Ability to work independently or without direct supervision
- Problem-solving abilities
- Basic financial management
- Highly-valued pluses: Experience with ArcGIS, data cleaning skills
- An interest in the intersections of health and education will be highly valued
To apply, submit a CV, (maximum two pages), your most recent salary, and a one-page motivational letter outlining your experience with Monitoring and Evaluation, including which methodologies and software you have worked with to firstname.lastname@example.org with Data Coordinator in the subject line.
Any applications not including all requested information in the requested formats will not be considered.
Please no phone queries.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 27 August, 2018