Malamulele Onward Therapist Job Position in South Africa Sept 2018
Malamulele Onward is a non-governmental organisation providing specialised therapy (physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy), equipment, assistive devices and caregiver training to poorly-resourced rural areas of South Africa where children severely disabled by cerebral palsy (CP) have little or no access to rehabilitation therapy and equipment.
Job Title: Therapist
Salaries are in line with salaries in the public service but with limited benefits and will be dependent on the applicant’s experience.
- Treat children who attend our residential therapy programme
- Participate in outreach activities to rural sites
- Write reports
- Train caregivers, therapists and midlevel workers
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation activities, with particular reference to the parent facilitators and the carer to carer training programme
- Network with potential partners
- Contribute to the planning of the organisation’s future programmes and activities
- Assist with fundraising activities
- Working with children with cerebral palsy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, manage time and prioritise with minimum supervision
- Verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Writing and presentation skills
- A general understanding or an openness to learn about budgets and finance
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in working with children with cerebral palsy, preferably in a rural setting
- Valid driver’s licence and willingness to travel to outreach sites on a regular basis (at least once every six weeks)
To apply, submit, a one page CV and a one page cover letter to Prenisha Chiba Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 19th October, 2018
Interviews will take place the week of the 12 to 16 November 2018.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to spend two days working in the therapy room with the rest of the Malamulele Onward team.
The Organisation thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.