Global Innovation Services Editor Job in Johannesburg, Greenside Oct 2018
|Remuneration:||R20000 – R25000 per month Cost to company|
|Company:||Global Innovation Services|
Editor/Book Manager needed for International Publications.
We manage the design and production for a series of High-End coffee table books published with partners in cities around the world.
There is a position for a Book Manager that can oversee the editing and layout of several of the books.
As Book manager, you would be required to handle the following:
- Editing of Articles and Content
- Communicating with clients
- Planning Layout
- Managing Content Collection Team
- Managing Design Team
- Coordination and approval of marketing materials for each book
These books will be your baby and you will be responsible for making them masterpieces.
The Sales, Production and Design process normally takes four to eight months for each book but you will be working on multiple books simultaneously.
- First and foremost your editing skills must be brilliant – Most of the publications will be in US English.
- You need to be able to tell engaging stories – The companies in these books vary widely and you need to find the story and direct the writers to what you want for the book.
- Strong Visual Layout Skills – These books need to be beautiful and while we have great designers, we need an editor that can guide them.
- Good Communication Skills – You will have to speak to clients all around the world about various subjects. Explaining processes, helping them find their story, complaints, and sometimes just shooting the breeze…
- Strong management Skills – You will be overseeing a lot of moving parts to make your books happen and need to be able to manage them.