Health-e News Service Managing Editor Job Recruitment October 2018
Health-e News Service is South Africa’s award-winning dedicated health news service producing news and in-depth analysis for the country’s print and television media. In 2012, Health-e News opened a nationwide citizen journalism arm called “OurHealth.” which provides print features for newspapers, magazines and websites, and TV documentaries broadcasted on SABC, eTV and M-Net.
Job Title: Managing Editor
Job Location: Johannesburg
Salary is in line with experience.
The purpose of the position is to lead Africa’s first independent health news agency.
Managing Editor Job Responsibilities:
- Manage a diverse multi-media organisation, including editorial oversight over an award-winning team of journalists
- Oversee the development and implementation of an annual strategic plan
- Fundraising and donors relations
- Manage client relations and expanding the client base.
- Minimum of eight years’ management experience
- Extensive fundraising experience
- Editorial management
- A Bachelor’s degree
To apply, submit a CV and application letter to Charity at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to candidates from previously disadvantaged group.
The position is located in Johannesburg although consideration will be given to Cape Town-based candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 26th October, 2018