Caxton Magazines – Art Director Job in South Africa Oct 2018
|Location:||Johannesburg, Craighall Park, Randburg|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Come and join the talented team at Country Life. We are currently seeking an art director to lead the editorial design team of one of SA’s leading monthly magazines.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Establishing the look and feel of the magazine.
- Producing creative layouts and design within the standard and style of the magazine.
- Preparing final work for digital format as required.
- Contributing toward creating the best possible cover for each edition.
- Developing and managing an efficient design process.
- Creating and managing an efficient work flow ensuring that print and online deadlines are met.
- Determining how best to represent a concept visually.
- Directing and coordinating photo shoots including cover shoots.
- Reviewing and approving designs, art work, photography and graphics developed by team.
- Coordinating activities with other artistic and creative departments.
- Ensuring the magazines brand including its websites and other digital products has a consistent visual presentation.
Art Director Job Requirements
- A degree or diploma in design, visual communication, art, graphic design.
- Five years of editorial design experience – two of which must be in a magazine environment.
- Experience in art directing photographic and video shoots.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite.
- Experience in digital design and digital media.
- Video editing will be advantageous.
- Must have a strong creative vision and ability to produce high energy, high impact work.
- A proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent managerial and mentor-ship skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to formulate briefs to brief photographers and stylists.
- Up to date with current design trends.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.