Numeric Programme Manager Job in Soweto, Johannesburg Oct 2018
Numeric is a small team of friendly people who are on a mission to help young South Africans excel in mathematics. More specifically, our goal is to create exciting and high impact learning environments in low-income areas with a view to helping learners in Grades 6 – 8 to establish strong foundations in mathematics.
Job Title: Programme Manager
Job Location: Soweto, Johannesburg
Start Date: 7 January 2019 (negotiable)
Contract Type: 12 months, fixed-term (subject to renewal)
The purpose of the Programme Manager is to oversees programmes at five partner schools, which equates to ten classrooms or approximately 250 learners.
- Manage relationships with partner schools (principals, maths H.O.Ds teachers)
- Handle logistics involved with the programmes (finance, transport, connectivity)
- Contribute to the development of the programme (curriculum, games, activities, worksheets)
- Support and mentor coaches
- Arrange parents evenings, prize-giving’s etc. to encourage parent buy-in and commitment
- Train coaches and teachers on the use of Khan Academy
- Additional administrative tasks required to develop the organisation
- Plan and prepare for Coach Bootcamp (December) and Learner Math Camp (July)
Programme Manager Job Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent
- Higher grade Maths through to matric
- Teaching or tutoring experience
- Involvement / leadership in outreach or extra-curricular projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and maintain a high quality of work
- Interest in and ability to handle new and changing technologies
- Interest in mentoring and developing future teachers
- Own transport and valid drivers’ license
- Be dedicated to our cause, passionate about mathematics, and have strong organisational and people skills
To apply, submit a CV and letter of motivation (maximum two pages) to email@example.com quoting “JHB Programme Manager” in the subject line.
Ensure that your letter of motivation explains your interest in Numeric and outlines why you would be well suited to this position.
Application Deadline: 2nd November, 2018