The Homestead recruitment – Auxiliary Child and Youth Care Worker Job in South Africa 2018
The Homestead (Projects for Street Children), based in Cape Town, works to help Street Children reconstruct their shattered lives, and to provide prevention and early intervention services to children and families in disadvantaged communities. The Homestead helps over 150 street children a year, has 90 boys in residential care, and helps over 250 chronically neglected and abused community children each week.
Job Title: Auxiliary Child and Youth Care Worker
Job Location: Western Cape
Salary: R5000 per month plus provident fund. R5500 per month plus provident fund if the applicant has a valid driver’s licence
- Relevant qualification in Auxiliary Child and Youth Care work and current SACSSP registration
- Relevant experience in child and youth work, especially with street, neglected and abused children
- Willingness to work shifts including night shifts, public holidays and over weekends
- Fluency in English and either Afrikaans or IsiXhosa
- A team player, motivated self-starter, energetic, healthy and empathetic individual
To apply, submit your CV, copy of driver’s licence (if you have one), proof of qualification, proof of SACSSP registration and two contactable references (one of whom must be a former employer) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Homestead Auxiliary Child and Youth Care Workers work on a shift rotation system of two days on, two nights on, four days off.
Auxiliary Child and Youth Care Workers are expected to work on Sundays and on public holidays if their shift rotation falls on such a day.
Public Holidays are remunerated as per the BCEA
Leave: 21 consecutive working days per cycle.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2018