G&G Digital : Front-End Developer Job vacancy in Johannesburg, Illovo, Sandton 2018
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Illovo, Sandton|
Permanent and freelance opportunitities.
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer who is highly proficient at building mobile-first websites on WordPress and fully understands UX and the optimisation thereof. Someone who eats, sleeps, and lives digital. An intelligent, self-motivated person who is obsessed with producing pixel perfect, award-winning work on deadline and under pressure.
You must be passionate about using the latest technologies to challenge and grow your skills working on complex responsive website projects, mobile apps, API integrations and Facebook apps for some of South Africa’s best-known brands.
G&G Digital is one of the fastest growing digital agencies in SA, providing quality outputs, smart creativity and sound strategies founded on deep insights. We strive for excellence, have a power team who share our values and vision to be the largest independent digital agency in Southern Africa.
- Three + years’ in front-end web development in a digital agency environment
- WordPress custom theme and plugin development
- A strong understanding and working experience with front-end web technologies
- Experience working on WordPress eCommerce systems and integrating with payment gateway
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility including Internet Explorer rendering issues and solutions
- Ability to utilise Bootstrap to create fully responsive HTML structures
- Strong experience with PHP
- Experience with interfacing with web services and APIs
- Understanding of web-based security implementations
- Experience with responsive web development
- Ability to produce beautiful, functional code from a PSD or wireframe
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong understanding of web standards
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Bower and Grunt is beneficial
- Experience with a revision control system such as Git
- Be comfortable working within a team as well as independently
- Ability to deliver great work under tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and agile environment
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail, especially testing and quality assurance.
- Knowledge of code documentation and handover processes
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Related tertiary education
- A great digital portfolio that showcases your potential
- Good experience with MySQL database design and development
- Successful delivery of backend PHP projects, linking with MySQL databases and front end websites
- Facebook developer knowledge
- Understanding of system architecture, design and good coding practices
- Mobile App development experience, including submission
- Knowledge of semantic HTML and experience implementing search engine optimisation techniques
- Mentoring and supporting a junior or mid level developer
- Ability to cost projects
011 887 6591