The Nal’ibali Trust Digital Coordinator Job Opportunity in Cape Town Nov 2018
Nal’ibali (isiXhosa for “here’s the story”) is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign. It seeks to spark and embed a culture of reading across South Africa, so that reading, writing, and sharing stories – in all South African languages – is part of everyday life.
Job Title: Digital Coordinator
Job Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the Digital Coordinator is to be responsible for the execution of the digital and social media activities of all Nal’ibali’s digital and social media platforms as guided by the Digital Strategist and Head of Communications. This individual is an innovative and progressive thinker who generates and manages digital information, and connects digital and social media to all other aspects of the organisation.
- Implement online and social media strategies including but not limited to creating contact communication plans, in conjunction with the Digital Strategist and Communications department
- Generate awareness of all Nal’ibali’s programmes related within the digital arena to amplify brand awareness, flagship events and campaigns
- Track and report social community KPIs
- Develop and maintain monthly social media content plans aligned with agreed themes
- Monitor and respond to daily comments and requests on digital and social media platforms
- Manage digital and social media aspects of campaign timeline
- Monitors progress in conjunction with the Digital Strategist and Head of Communications
- Assist in analysing metrics across multiple social channels and recommend ways to optimize performance
- Prepare monthly website traffic and stats reports for digital and social media platforms as agreed with the Digital Strategist
- Implement digital audits, analyse results, delivers initial findings and recommend strategies
- Coordinate and monitor all other Facebook groups network of partners and reading clubs including FUNda Leaders and pages linked to Nal’ibali (e.g. Read To Me, SPS
- Audit online campaigns
- Identify key findings and recommend approaches
- Upload and/or create narratives around events to share across platforms e.g. training, PR events on Facebook event platforms according to all Nal’ibali programmes’ events calendars, and staff requests
- Load weekly / monthly blogs, press releases, competitions and columns
- Devise and update all sections of website / mobile platforms on ongoing basis, including pages/sections needed for flagship programmes
- Regular coordination and uploading of digital versions of the supplement, audio stories and activity guides
- Coordinate dispatch of winners’ prizes derived from digital activity when required
- Website maintenance – Regular checks and updates of all digital platforms e.g. ensure links are working characters up to date, pictures are displaying, home page refreshed etc.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Two to three years’ experience in digital marketing or advertising essential
- Working knowledge of SEO best practice
- Understand Facebook Insights, Google Analytics and other analytics platforms
- Proven successful project delivery
- Team player who contributes to brainstorming sessions
- Independent and proactive worker with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Solution and deadline driven
- Interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal skills in English and another African language is advantageous
To apply, submit your motivational letter and CV to email@example.com with your name and surname, position title on the subject line.
Contact number: 021 448 6000
Note that feedback will be provided to shortlisted candidates only.
Application Deadline: 16th November, 2018