Christel House Grant Writer Job in Ottery, Cape Town November 2018
Christel House is a registered, global charity that operates eight schools around the world of which the school in Ottery (Cape Town, South Africa) is the only one in Africa. All of its 750 students are transported from 20 impoverished communities using 18 school busses for the daily return trips. The school has a holistic R-12 education model that focuses on strong character development, complemented by regular health care, nutritious meals, guidance counselling, career planning, family assistance and college and careers support.
Job Title: Grant Writer
Job Location: Ottery, Cape Town
Duration: Part-time, contract basis.
- Research and identify potential local and international corporates, trusts, foundations and governmental prospects to meet CHSA’s operational, project and capital requirements (education, poverty alleviation, student scholarships, etc.)
- Match CHSA’s project proposals to suitable Corporate Social Investment prospects
- Write and submit fundraising proposals to current donors and new prospects
- Track submission deadlines for proposals and project reports of successful grants
- Ensure accurate, effective and timeous record-keeping and submission of project reports
- Action effective donor-stewardship including on-site and off-site visits, writing thank-you letters, submitting timeous project updates, etc.
- Regular communication with staff to ensure that new project and programme developments are captured into funding proposals.
- Compile and submit in-kind donation and discount requests to suppliers, corporates and local businesses
- Relevant tertiary qualification in areas such as Development Studies, Journalism, Social Sciences, Media or Marketing
- Minimum of five years’ experience in grant-writing, corporate social investment or fundraising
- Experience working in the education or poverty alleviation industry will be advantageous
- Passion for education and youth development, with a mission-driven work ethic and a positive attitude
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and local and international donor landscape
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work against budgeted targets and within strict deadlines
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office package)
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential, fluency in additional language(s) advantageous
To apply, submit your CV (maximum five pages) with three contactable referees and a motivation letter for attention of the Director of Fundraising and Marketing to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2018