|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Provident Fund, Group Life, and Disability Cover|
|Location:||Cape Town, Woodstock|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Hellocomputer is the #MoreHuman digital and through the line agency. We spend our time using strategy, technology, big ideas and incredible storytelling to bring our brands to life in ways that truly surprise, entertain and resonate with people. We create brave work.
We do fun, we do loud, we do awesome. We work hard, we work fast, but we also spend time crafting and innovating, taking creativity to a new level. If you want to be a part of a team that aims to create fresh, award-winning work, then Hellocomputer might just be for you.
Join a team of passionate and creative developers who aspire to delivering quality solutions across a range of platforms including web, Facebook, mobile and more. Work on high profile projects in a dynamic, agile environment and be challenged to deliver product that sets the bar in progressive development.
Duties will include:
- Design and implementation of web API architectures including web socket solutions
- Develop backend software modules focusing on functionalities, simplicity and robustness
- Develop and maintain applications in accordance with functional specifications
- Provide time estimates for project tasks for backend architecture
- Report directly to the technical director
- Team player who is passionate about developing award-winning work using latest progressive frameworks
- Minimum two years’ relevant experience with Node.js
- Minimum one year’s experience in using JSON, RESTful APIs, Socket.io and MongoDB
- Knowledge of version control system, preferably GIT
- Experience with automation build tools like Webpack, Gulp
- Understanding of website performance metrics
- Familiar with software deployment and development on AWS
- Digital agency experience
- Experience in Redux/Redux-saga
- Experience with React Native
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Stable, adaptable individual who is able to handle stress in calm, mature way
- Well presented, team player with good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be experienced at working in a highly dynamic environment where project requirements can change frequently
Please be advised, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.