Tshisimani Centre recruitment in Mowbray, Cape Town Dec 2018
The Tshisimani Centre for Activist Education has been established to strengthen the theoretical, strategic, organisational, creative and analytic capabilities of worker, student and community activists struggling against racism, sexism, poverty and inequality.
Job Title: Social Media Specialist and Content Developer
Job Location: Mowbray, Cape Town
- Produce original and exciting content for social media, such as film clips, podcasts, memes, etc.
- Manage the public profile of the Centre and ensuring the participation of the Centre on all relevant social media platforms
- Maintain and extend the Centre’s Facebook presence, web presence, activity on Twitter and other social media platforms
- Ensure that the website is accessible and that materials developed by the Centre are available on the website
- Develop a social media strategy, produce content through research and other means, and implement our social media strategy on a day-to-day basis
- Create, source, download and edit film material for teaching purposes and assist the Tshisimani team in using this material
- A university degree or the equivalent
- Experience as an activist working for social justice
- Skill in making short film clips for use on social media platforms (or a passionate interest in developing such skills)
- Sound political judgement in how to use social media to further the goals of the Centre
- Interest in political education
- Experience in the effective use of websites, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms for dissemination of ideas, arguments, commentary etc.
- Research and communication skills
- Ability to read widely, synthesise ideas coherently and communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Take initiative and provide leadership in the development of our social media presence
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Imaginative, energetic, innovative, hardworking
To apply, submit your CV, three contactable referees and a motivation letter detailing how you meet the requirements for this post, your interest and suitability to work at Tshisimani to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly send these documents with ‘social media post’ in the subject line.
Generic letters are strongly advised against.
Interviews will be held in mid-January 2019. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2018